Snake in the blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake in the blind

This happened to me Friday afternoon. Was wondering who all it has happened to.I was sitting in a cattle panel blind. I have had quail walking around me all afternoon so didn’t care about little noise all around. Sounds started to get loaded so I eventually slowly turn around all I see if half the body and the tail. Rest was under my chair. I freaked out stomped and kicked idk how I didn’t scare the deer off at the feeder. Not sure what flavor snake it was but i don't like any. After this hiatus, was a good sit saw bunch of deer and smoked a pig
    Attached Files

I’ve had a rat snake take up residence in a brush blind I had last year. He would visit me every time I hunted there. I left him alone to do his thing. Snakes I can deal with. Rats however I cant

Comment

Nope, one of us would have been dead!!!![emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Antelope hunting in Colorado this year. My brother took a nap, and woke up to little buddy in the blind with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing new happens all the time. I hate any ground blind.

Comment

It’s never happened to me but now the thought will take up permanent residence in my head every time I enter the blind before daylight.

Comment

Can't say I've had this experience, but every time I climb in my ground blind I'd be lying to say I check it out good.

I always make a point to remove the leaves inside the blind so should one visit I'll see it.

And right now I'm so debating in my head if I want to send this thread link to a buddy of mine. He just got a place and wants a blind, but said he's on the fence because this issue right here.

Comment

That cant be a good feeling, im not sure what i would have done.

I always get spiders in mine.

Comment

No big deal. Just grow a pair and spit some tobacco juice on their head and they will leave. If they bite you then spit the tobacco juice on the bite.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    No big deal. Just grow a pair and spit some tobacco juice on their head and they will leave. If they bite you then spit the tobacco juice on the bite.
                    But what if you don’t chew or dip?

Comment

Snake in the blind

I had that happen a few years back. I kept hearing scurrying in the dark. I thought the grasshoppers were in there. Turned on the flashlight to check and saw 5 juvenile rat snakes crawling around. I jumped up and nearly made my blind into a dress. I grabbed my back pack off the ground and hauled out of there. Got home and had a rat snake in my back pack. My wife flipped out. Now I check every time I get into the blind and never leave my pack on the ground. I HATE SNAKES!!!

Comment

Yep, about twenty years back, box blind on a six foot stand. After daylight, I noticed some movement on the carpeted wall in front of me then all od a sudden about two foot of the tail came out, oh crap. I bailed out not land gracefully and tried to keep moving. It turned out to be about a five foot king snake. Oh lord, it took some years off of my life!.....cC

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post

Antelope hunting in Colorado this year. My brother took a nap, and woke up to little buddy in the blind with him.

What’s the rest of the story on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                            Nothing new happens all the time. I hate any ground blind.
                            Where you hunting at???? [emoji1787] 35 years and not once.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I always worry about this, but it’s never happened yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X