14 year hiatus then…Thwack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 year hiatus then…Thwack

The last time I killed a Deer, anything with a bow was in 2007! I had been an avid archer since I was 14 and had been blessed to kill a lot of animals. In 2008 I had a tendon release in my rt elbow , had surgery but it took until 2014 to be able to draw a bow back again. At that time I purchased a bow 4 months before season and shot every other day to get my strength up . I started at 60 pounds and 3 weeks before season I was comfortably drawing and holding 70 pounds, I was extremely excited to be back in the saddle again. Opening weekend I drew back on a buck I had been watching and mid draw I blew my elbow and shoulder out. I went home, packed up my bow and every accessory I had ever purchased and sold it never to shoot a bow again , that was 6 yrs ago! I got the urge to try again earlier this year . I was blessed to get my hands on a Switchback from a family member , dropped the poundage down and started shooting and was so elated that the draw was so comfortable. I’ve been practicing for 3.5 months and as of yesterday morning I am back in the saddle again! Yearling management doe at 7 yards and she went down in 45 yards ! Now after that WT and axis buck! I feel so blessed! I’m grinning from ear to ear but it can’t be seen under my stache!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bucknaked; 10-04-2021, 12:58 PM.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yea, congrats!!

Comment

Awesome!! Welcome back and congrats on painting an arrow red!!

Comment

Way to go bucknaked! That’s the way overcome and persevere. We are all proud of you and especially proud that you didn’t post a picture of yourself as your avatar reads!

Comment

Ouch, that story makes my left shoulder hurt even worse.. Congrats on the return an kill..

Comment

Congrats! Hope you keep slayin em

Comment

Congrats! Way to keep after it.

Comment

Congrats! Nice shot too! Good luck with the rest of your season. Looking forward to more successful pics from you.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Persistent!!! Congrats!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Back in the lineup and got a base hit, now time to hit a dinger..........congrats on the comeback !!!!

Comment

Cool story and congrats. Just like riding a bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X