X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    It will be 12

These two programs have truly found themselves wandering in the likes of Tennessee and Nebraska. But, it’s much more egregious considering the state of high school football within their State boundaries.

Does Mullen get kicked to the curb? Sark has a tough road ahead of him, but if they don’t give him time, it will simply be rinse and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think Mullen is gone. This is his 4th season and these are “his” players and all he’s done is decline. Way too much talent in that state for what he’s producing on the field.

Can’t can Sark. He needs 3-4 years minimum. Get the players in that want to play and fit his system then see what’s going on. If this does turn out to be the wrong hire (again), the meltdowns will be epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sark definitely needs a chance, I just hope he means business and doesn't play around with players that give up. I see lots of potential, but he really needs some time to set his program up.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
        Sark definitely needs a chance, I just hope he means business and doesn't play around with players that give up. I see lots of potential, but he really needs some time to set his program up.
        It sucks to be having the season they are, but it may be a blessing loosing these games in the long run vs squeaking by and finishing say 8-4 or 9-3. I know it sounds crazy, but winning covers up a lot of ugly issues. Hopefully with games like Kansas going in the wrong direction, Texas can burn it down and build it back. I do think the program needs a hard reset and when it gets ugly like this, it should be an easy sell to everyone involved (coaches, players, BMD, admin, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
          If Art went through the Saban school of reformation, perhaps he could coach again. ESPN could "redeem" him just as quickly as they demonized him. But he's probably too old for that now. Sadly, ESPN has that kind of pull with a lot of folks. ESPN can be king (or queen) makers to their own benefit, and many don't say a word.
          Art doesn't need reformation, he'll fit in just fine. Remember Miles and Big O got canned for performance issues, not the 17 Chapter IX lawsuits....

Comment

16 team playoff is too much! 8 would be nice!

Comment

Bring back some version of the BCS. It was better than what we have now. Top 8 get in. No one gets a bye.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                It sucks to be having the season they are, but it may be a blessing loosing these games in the long run vs squeaking by and finishing say 8-4 or 9-3. I know it sounds crazy, but winning covers up a lot of ugly issues. Hopefully with games like Kansas going in the wrong direction, Texas can burn it down and build it back. I do think the program needs a hard reset and when it gets ugly like this, it should be an easy sell to everyone involved (coaches, players, BMD, admin, etc).

Heath, do you think Sark will turnover his assistant coaches and work on bringing in new position coaches are are all of them in place his? CFB is better when everyone in Texas is winning…

Cept bob![emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Bring back some version of the BCS. It was better than what we have now. Top 8 get in. No one gets a bye.

I’m gonna side with Bob. 8 teams with no bye for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

X3

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

I like.....and if you are #9 or 10 STFU....do better..

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        X3

So why is there resistance from the committee/NCAA to go to a 8 team playoff?

You can use the bowl set up for playoff games

It would add an extra game....revenue would be through the roof......

Has to be a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Agree as well.

Comment

Also Gary Barta is a f**king idiot!

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 12

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              Heath, do you think Sark will turnover his assistant coaches and work on bringing in new position coaches are are all of them in place his? CFB is better when everyone in Texas is winning…

Cept bob![emoji6]

I don’t expect wholesale changes. This was a weird setup on the defense side of the ball so I could see a change there. Muschamp was the hire at DC and Texas hired the DB and Safety coach he wanted before he was to be announced, then Muschamp backed out leaving Texas with those two coaches.

Odom turned down the job cause he couldn’t bring his guys and let the new coaches just hired go. I believe there was another name that turned it down too over this. So Coach K took the DC job and 1/2 his staff was already hired. So there could be some change there to get guys he wants in the building.

There might be a change at WR but only if Texas can upgrade to Samples from SMU or Emmett Jones from KU.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                                So why is there resistance from the committee/NCAA to go to a 8 team playoff?

You can use the bowl set up for playoff games

It would add an extra game....revenue would be through the roof......

Has to be a reason

I have no idea seems like a no brainer to me

Comment

Working...
                                X