• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
    I'm not participating in anything but

2020 - 2021

228 lbs

Rolling 178 lbs

Weighed 180 lbs - 20 years old - cut .3% body fat / US Coast Guard boot camp - PRIME SHAPE workouts and running miles daily

At 61 years of age - 178 lbs / down from 228 lbs at my most highest point.

Bike = 2000 miles
    Diet = water and smart only when I feel an urge to bring body "FELT" stamina up - to meet that spiked demand. Three or Ten bites of solid mixed protein and fiber - water and hydration - eating 2 meals at best per day.

If I tried to follow the old USA - formula of 3 meals per day - to kick off more sales for AG industries in the 20s - old post Depression era revival of "THREE MEALS PER DAY" which helped stimulate AG.

The pre advanced Vikings/Norwegians lived on two - research VIKING DIET). But they mixed all with SEAFOOD as their primary PROTEIN.

Fish - and beef or others (I'm a flat out Fish Prime Eater) = balance - strength and nutrition without the extra third BS meal per day.

Many days I roll 1 MEAL - I am not 20 and the burning candle within is consuming fuel - based on energy outputs, I'm not 20 and blowing and going at those levels.

Dialed the formulas down and hit the marks!

F - All the other's doing the diet and work out stuff till you drop stuff - do not dip down where your muscles are on decline ever. If the fat forms in skin - cut the BS OUT.

If the flab goes to bone - then follow the money grabbers - it may work? And stare at those who make the money grab - weight reduction formulas for success.

Starve - hit bottom and rebuild with INTELLIGENCE TILL YOU DIE

Make your own benchmark - the resources to find the right intake - it's everywhere with a trend - 1500 - 1900

Never got there.

I'm 61 YEARS OLD
    Deaux it Rob!!!![emoji123]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

A good chest and tricep day today. 5X5 for the most part, but broke it up a little with some strip sets and getting a few more reps where I could.

Incline bench on smith machine/cable pushdown/incline situp
      Bench press strip sets/overhead tricep cable extension
      Inverse grip bench press/single arm cable pull down/weighted crunch
      Pec deck fly/tricep rope pushdowns

Headed to the lease tomorrow for a long weekend so no gym. Have a great rest of your week!

Comment

Cardio done!

Pull day should be tomorrow.

Comment

Arms and back done! Right bicep was getting tender but didn't over do it.

Leave this evening for a wedding up in North Dakota the next few days so have to find some way to work out. Hotel gyms usually suck and running in 25 degrees doesn't sound to fun....

Comment

I’ve read most posts in this thread. Kind of embarrassing what I’ve been doing compared to the workouts y’all are knocking out.

That being said, my goal is 3 days a week, lose a little weight, but mostly improve my cardio. At times, doing simple tasks I’d catch myself short on breath.

Last nights work out. 15-20 second breaks in between each set.

1 mile run- 10:03
            Each X3: 10 push ups, 10 lunges (each leg), arm curls w/ 25lbs, shoulder press w/ 25lbs,
            15 leg throws.

Comment

1 mile 9:35
              X5
              12 push ups, 12 mountain climbers, 12 burpees.
              No breaks between reps, 20-30 seconds between sets.

Comment

I missed Thursday and Friday due to going to the lease. I'm pretty sure I was sweating out all the vodka I drank over the weekend. Dang!

Chest and bicep supersets 5X5

Incline bench on smith/preacher curl//incline situp
                bench press on smith/BB curl/weighted crunch
                Cable fly/hammer curl/hanging leg raise
                Overhead cable curl/seated chest press neutral grip

Back and legs tomorrow

Comment

Nada Friday/Sunday or Today due to trael/wedding activities.

Made it in Saturday at the hotel gym and knocked out a solid Push day

Pull day tomorrow

Comment

A good gym day. Had to hump it a little so my wife could get to work a little early. Back and leg supersets 4X8

Sled leg press/t-bar row/ab roller
                    Super squat/weighted calf raise/BB row inverse grip
                    Leg extension/weighted pull up neutral grip/incline sit up
                    Bilateral leg press/v-bar pull down

Chest and triceps tomorrow.

Comment

Pull day completed earlier this AM.

Right bicep was getting a little finicky at the end but made it through. Pushing for a leg day tomorrow

Comment

Started my weight loss mid January and just now started working out over the last couple of months. Spent the early part of the year trying to heal my knee from a partially torn meniscus so didn't even chance working it in the gym. I started at 425 lbs in January and down to 352 lbs now. Still a very long ways to go but making progress everyday. My Cajun buddy moved back to the area 3 weeks ago and been hitting the gym hard with him. He has been keeping me in line working out. My knee pain is down drastically now and starting to see more positive results. Hopefully I can keep hitting the gym like I am right now, so that I can keep strengthening the muscles around the knee and keep the weight coming off. My goal is to be close to ideal weight for me by next deer season.

Comment

Skipped this morning. Stayed up late helping the wife make Thanksgiving dinner stuff for her office today. I'm pretty sure I cleaned every dish, pot and pan in the house at least 3 times. LOL!

Comment

Started the Wendler 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge last week.

I don't care who you are or if the "accessory" weight is only 50%. Doing 65 squats or deadlifts in a workout is no joke.

Comment

2 mile run
                              Mile 1- 9:42
                              Mile 2- 19:21

100 jump rope
                              10 curls w/ 25lbs
                              10 shoulder press w/ 25lb
                              Weird squat/ lunge my wife was doing. Heels on 45lb weight. Feet about shoulder width maybe less. Squat, then lunge forward left or right leg. 1. Come back, squat, lunge forward opposite leg. 2.

Comment

Missed today because I felt terrible this morning

Attempting again in the AM

Comment

Working...
                                X