No announcement yet.

TBH Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legally, it's second shooters deer. Just think of it as if the deer crossed a fence onto another property and another hunter shot it. But, I would have given it to the first shooter. Its just a deer, go shoot another one.

Comment

This will be a good campfire discussion...I personally consider it a Wounded recovery animal & happy to help #1 get his deer. Doubt anyone in our group would take credit & keep it as #2 in this situation.

Proves once again big deer make people stupid.

Comment

How much time between hunter #1 shooting and hunter #2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This reminds me of the story in the bible about the claim laid to a child by two women who claimed the child as their own. So the wise old king decided to have the child cut in two, giving half to each woman. One woman had no objection to such act. The other, the true mother of the child, said "No. Give her the child and let him live." The wise king immediately realized who the true mother of the child was.

You could always tell them to cut the deer in half giving half to each hunter. Have them both tag each half of the deer with one of their non spike tags. And I'd say something about what true sportsmanship is. See who is willing to give up a tag. Or let the other have the deer. If neither are willing to give up a tag, so be it. And split it. (You could draw for who gets what half )
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-14-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Life’s too short to have deer lease drama, if I was the second shooter I’d let the first shooter have his deer.
            Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 11-14-2021, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
              When did 2nd shooter shoot it? Same morning / evening hunt or was it later, such as next day?
              Same hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                This will be a good campfire discussion...I personally consider it a Wounded recovery animal & happy to help #1 get his deer. Doubt anyone in our group would take credit & keep it as #2 in this situation.

Proves once again big deer make people stupid.
                Agree, first guy made a bad shot. If a bowhunter has never done that he/she has not hunted much or is lying. Second guy finished the deer. Big deer do strange things to people. If it was a doe, I bet the scenario would be much different. No argument, first guy's deer that I finished for you.

Comment

2nd hunters deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Give it to #1, the way he shoots he might never hit another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      How much time between hunter #1 shooting and hunter #2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Maybe an hour.

Comment

In the business world, the deer belongs to the first person that drew blood.
                        If a hunter draws blood it’s his deer. If a guide dispatches it later the hunter gets the horns.
                        Same principle when we have to trail up and dispatch a wounded deer with dogs. The hunter that fatally wounded the deer tags it - it’s his deer.

Comment

2nd hunters deer if he wanted it in my opinion. No way i would have not given him the deer though. Probably would have given him a lot of ribbing and joking about it as well. It's just a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
                            Maybe an hour.
                            This clears it up for me.

Q: Who “killed” the deer
                            A: 2nd shooter

Not really much more to it than that. If #1 wants to get mad, tell him he should’ve been as good of a shot as #2. Case closed morally and legally IMHO.

Comment

Hunter #1 should be embarrassed that he can't handle a rifle better than that. Hunter #1 should also be very thankful to the #2 Hunter for putting it down. Technically it's #2s deer. What's he supposed to do, let a severely wounded deer walk because he didn't shoot first? Jeez.
                              Did you say these two were you're brothers kids? If this were our lease neither would likely be invited back next year. The lease is no place for bickering.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by bakin7005; 11-14-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I also vote second person's deer unless the first can track the buck all the way to where the second person shot it he more than likely wouldn't have recovered it on his own. The first shot didn't kill the deer the second Hunter did. Man up and go to the range. If I was the second person I would've given it to him and hoped for a backstrap. Also he would never live it down but good hunting friends are hard to find
                                Last edited by ElfEyes; 11-14-2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X