Thoughts from the tree stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts from the tree stand

Long read sorry but this hit me as I was driving to hunt this evening.

What are you gonna do when Sunday doesn’t come???

Is God tied down to move only on Sunday’s? A lot of people now days think that’s the only day God can move. Sunday is church day & Wednesday is teaching day. So we make up in or minds that if we ever need anything from God we have to wait on Sunday to get here.

I’m here to say that God can move anytime & anywhere. He’s not tied down by time, days, weeks, months or even years. He has no correlation with time. The Bible tells us in 2 Peter 3:8 that “with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” We as humans put restrictions on God, thinking that he has to move on our church days. Well God can move on Monday just as He can move on Sunday. The question is “will you let him move on Monday?”

You know there’s been many people that Sunday never came for, then there’s been many people that Sunday barely came for, ones that Sunday came for & didn’t make it to church.

Most recent: Rachel almost didn’t make it to Sunday, she was hit by a drunk driver Saturday evening. Not sure whether she’d make it to Sunday, Gods gave mercy & grace, she’s still here with us today & for that I can’t thank him enough.

But I had a good freind, a Pentecostal preacher that back slid, got mixed up in prescription pills, lost his way, lost wife & lost his daughters. His daughters are so far from God, strung out on dope & lives are messed up. All because he walked away from God. He was backsliden for a while & he was hard to keep in touch with during this time but I did my best. But I prayed for him daily & fasted several times for him. He finally started coming around, he knew he had to get back to God. Mathew 25:13 says “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.” We don’t know the time nor the day when or what time God will come. He started reaching out to some of his pastor friends & was getting ready to make it back.

You see on a Saturday night he was in conversation with a pastor freind & said “that’s it, I’ll be in church in the morning.” He made it to Sunday, his Sunday was here. He got dressed, was ready for church, was ready to get right with God. Sadly to say he didn’t make it to church, he didn’t make it out of his house. He fell down his stairs & died in front of his front door headed to church. He didn’t make it to church, so therefor for him “Sunday” didn’t come.

What should have been done differently? God shouldn’t have been tied down to “Sunday”. God can move on any day of the week, any hour of the day. He was my freind, I would have driven 4hrs even more to pray with him, to see him get him get back to God.

Don’t tie God down to Sunday, don’t say I’ll get right with God on Sunday. If you feel a ***** in your spirit, convection in your heart, call a freind, call a prayer worrier, hit your knees & get right with God. Cause what if “Sunday doesn’t come”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen!!

God is Omnipotent omnipresent!!

He is a On Time God!

Comment

Brother that was very inspiring, God bless you for writing that, most of us probably know someone that didn't make it to Sunday, God is omniscient and omnipresent, He is right here walking with us, when it gets hard all we need to do is call on Him, we don't have to wait til Sunday to go to "his house" we are called to be the body of Christ, and we are His church, if we have to "go to church" to find Him then we are missing Him in our everyday lives. Many who say I will repent at 11:00 die at 10:30.

Today is the day of salvation

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

I will have to say that I’m glad I surrendered many years ago when it wa much easier to seek and to serve God.
        I just don’t think the church of today is presenting Christ and Him crucified enough to make people hungry for salvation.
        I know that may sound weird to the younger folks because it’s more about being the “cool” church now days to get people to join.
        A personal relationship with God was, is and always will be the greatest possession a person can have.
        Great read OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
        X