No announcement yet.

Snake in the blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year. Was in a Krivo blind. Had carpet in bottom of blind. Sat in there for 30 minutes and realized a 3-4’ was about 1-2’ away from me under the carpet. I gave him the blind and my target buck walked out. My dad came at dark and dispatched him with pistol. Got my heart up. No more carpet in blind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=JohnAGarrett;15864543]I had that happen a few years back. I kept hearing scurrying in the dark. I thought the grasshoppers were in there. Turned on the flashlight to check and saw 5 juvenile rat snakes crawling around. I jumped up and nearly made my blind into a dress. I grabbed my back pack off the ground and hauled out of there. Got home and had a rat snake in my back pack. My wife flipped out. Now I check every time I get into the blind and never leave my pack on the ground. I HATE SNAKES!!!

^^^^ This made me laugh

Comment

[QUOTE=Geezy Rider;15865214]It’s happened a couple of times. They were both non venomous and I just let them stay. If they had been venomous then I would have pinned them down and relieved them of their heads. No muss no fuss and quiet. Just keep on hunting.[/]

Sorry, you’d have had to scrape me off the ceiling.

Comment

I had a copper head crawl in a pop up with me on an evening hunt. I can tell you a fixed blade on the end of a carbon arrow makes a mean snake whoopin stick.

Comment

We have one stand that is made out of old corrugated tin. Snakes love that thing, we have killed 3 snakes inside of it in the last year.

1st one was when my mom was hunting it on a morning sit but didn't see it until she was all the way in the blind and it was perched above the door........ I have never hunted that blind since.

Checking stands weekend before the opener.......3' rat snake curled up above the door again. I guess there is one stand that I won't ever hunt!

Comment

I'm sitting in my office reading this, yet for some reason I keep checking under my desk to make sure that a snake is not in my office. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                Dang! They say snakes wont bother you if you don't bother them but this thread proves snakes b messing around sans provocation
                Theory still holds true. They weren’t messing with anyone, just visiting and helping rid the blind of vermin.

Comment

I'd take a rattlesnake,any snake in a blind with me over a skunk any day. My buddy got in his once and a skunk was in there taking a nap. Getting sprayed is a terrible experience.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I'd take a rattlesnake,any snake in a blind with me over a skunk any day. My buddy got in his once and a skunk was in there taking a nap. Getting sprayed is a terrible experience.

I was on a place years ago in Haskell County. I could hear something moving around very slow and quiet underneath my blind perched on a slope. After the morning hunt, I got out and gave a quick hard shake to the roof corner before departing( I had chipewas on)-not 2 ft from me comes out from underneath, one of the biggest skunks I ever seen! Those snakeboots were worthless at that point Lol! I ran like hail nonetheless! Thank God he didn't spray me.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                      I was on a place years ago in Haskell County. I could hear something moving around very slow and quiet underneath my blind perched on a slope. After the morning hunt, I got out and gave a quick hard shake to the roof corner before departing( I had chipewas on)-not 2 ft from me comes out from underneath, one of the biggest skunks I ever seen! Those snakeboots were worthless at that point Lol! I ran like hail nonetheless! Thank God he didn't spray me.
                      Yeah you got super lucky. It's bad just driving past a dead one on the road. Getting sprayed is a whole new kind of stink. It'll ruin your clothes and even after the smell is off of you,you can still smell it. I think it sticks to your nose hairs. My eyes were burning and I was dry heaving when I got sprayed. You talk about nasty.....Son of a gun.

My buddy ended up getting sprayed. Not by the one in the blind but later on. He went to turn the faucet on to fill up an empty horse tank and one had climbed in and couldn't get out. It sprayed him pretty good. I pulled up to his house and his clothes were laying in the yard. I kinda figured he'd been sprayed right then.LOL

Comment

WHile on a lease in San Saba, many moons ago, we were moving stands and doing some feeder filling, when i seen what I thought was a snake skin, but ended being a strip of Tarp, well one of the older gents was terrified of Snakes, so, i could not help myself.
                        i picked up the peace of tarp with a stick and ran after ol'Jim with it and threw at him, Son, I ain't never seen a sum'beach run none stop all the way to the camp screaming like a little girl.... Lordy, we had a such a belly ache from laughing so dang hard. that night around the fire.... added the Tarp to the Freezer with the frozen Rattler.. Love does times at the Lease

Comment

Originally posted by Stetsonoverton View Post
                          This happened to me Friday afternoon. Was wondering who all it has happened to.I was sitting in a cattle panel blind. I have had quail walking around me all afternoon so didn’t care about little noise all around. Sounds started to get loaded so I eventually slowly turn around all I see if half the body and the tail. Rest was under my chair. I freaked out stomped and kicked idk how I didn’t scare the deer off at the feeder. Not sure what flavor snake it was but i don't like any. After this hiatus, was a good sit saw bunch of deer and smoked a pig
                          Keel it dead then off with its head!! Then burn it!

Comment

Don't think I have had one in the blind with me but after I arrowed a doe last season, I set my hunting pack outside the door and right on top of a big *** copperhead. I let em live because it could of easily lit me up but didn't.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

ringtail cat... Climbed into a blind and it ran out. All was cool till the cat wanted back in. I kept pushing and beating on it to keep it out. It was ******. I kept poking at it with my gun finally I just pulled the trigger, End of cat.
                              After day light I found a half eaten quail in the bottom of the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                                I'm sitting in my office reading this, yet for some reason I keep checking under my desk to make sure that a snake is not in my office. :-)
                                Glad I am not the only one , I have looked 20 times already ! We had a small copperhead by our chicken coop last night that got under it before it could be dispatched . That did not help my looking under the desk situation and the trek to the house barefooted

Comment

Working...
                                X