Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to go DIY CO public land elk hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want to go DIY CO public land elk hunt?

I’ve invited a few friends, but it does not appear they want to go. It’s over the counter Public land hunt. Leave on 10th and come home on 17th or 18th.

I cannot but where do you plan on going?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
      I cannot but where do you plan on going?

The man said Colorado! That oughta be specific enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If i was back in town Id be all over it. Im not in any form ready to hunt. My longbow is in storage- but I would go just to be there again. Next year Im jumping on with someone - bow- gun- atlatl I dont care. Wish you luck brother. Good to see you around again

Comment

What unit and season? I hunted OTC 21 & 30 in 2017 with a buddy and it was very dry and kind of crowded where we were base camped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I had a bit more notice. I’d dang sure take you up on this. Been wanting to try this for a few years but don’t know where to start as far as information goes.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
              I’ve invited a few friends, but it does not appear they want to go. It’s over the counter Public land hunt. Leave on 10th and come home on 17th or 18th.

What month?

Comment

I have been to Unit 71 & 711 6 of the last 7 years and won't be able to go with our group this year (opening week). I would like to consider your invite, but would like some additional info. If you'd rather handle questions via text, my cell is 832-six 5 one- 9six8six.

Questions I'd have:
                Unit # and general camp locale
                Packing in or drive up to your camp?
                How many in the group confirmed?
                Are there any smokers in the group (I'd pass on the invite if there were, just too much invested to chase wapiti to give them another edge)
                Have you hunted the area previously and seen much elk at that time of September?
                What is the elevation?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  What month?

September

Comment

I'm dialed in and ready but my son picked up a General tag in Wyoming so I'm going to "guide" him up here. I've really been wanting to cut my teeth on a Colorado OTC archery hunt and this seems like a great opportunity but I don't have enough vacation time to do both. *tears*

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                      Don't get me started Tim!!!!!!!

Comment

Details give me some details!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Don't get me started Tim!!!!!!!

LoL. Okay you are the one who opened this thread!!! LoL

Comment

Man, I’d love to go, but I have elk at my no fence ranchito in RS. I’ve got 5 or so coming in on a regular basis. Best of luck in your endeavor....

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              I have been to Unit 71 & 711 6 of the last 7 years and won't be able to go with our group this year (opening week). I would like to consider your invite, but would like some additional info. If you'd rather handle questions via text, my cell is 832-six 5 one- 9six8six.

Questions I'd have:
                              Unit # and general camp locale
                              Packing in or drive up to your camp?
                              How many in the group confirmed?
                              Are there any smokers in the group (I'd pass on the invite if there were, just too much invested to chase wapiti to give them another edge)
                              Have you hunted the area previously and seen much elk at that time of September?
                              What is the elevation?

Thank you
                              I hunted those units 1998 thru 2012 without missing a year. Good times!! Avatar picture is County road S looking over Glade Lake.
                              Last edited by Hardware; 08-20-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X