Gear lost to the hunt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    Weather was bad, raining and freezing, roads to bad to drive, in a hurry, had to walk a mile from camp to the stand.....get all settle in and realized I forgot my release. Now I always have a back up in my back pack.

Yep done that before. That's why I always attach my release to my bow now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

close to 15 years ago I was on my way home from a 5 day hunt and my grandma calls and asked me to pick up some rolls for thanksgiving dinner. 5 minutes in HEB (its raining) and my 120gt cooler full of deer meat, a black bag with the bucks head and cape and a small hunting bag all gone.
      Learned an extremely difficult lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
        Mojo teal decoy left on the beach, leather custom duck strap left in the marsh( too far in to walk back!) duck decoys, deer stands and cameras that were stolen.
        Add the $200 stream light flashlight that fell out of my pocket to the list!

Comment

We call it "Giving it to the Man". It is just something you have to pay if you are going to play.

Comment

Can't say I ever lost something while hunting, but I have found 2 knives, a wallet which was returned, and a deer rifle leaning at the gate on a ranch I worked on. Funny....it was about a week went by before I got a call from the hunter... He too got his rifle back. By the looks of these posts, I might have to take up the sport of hunting lost items instead of deer! I seem to be more successful at it than killing deer!
            Last edited by muddydog; 11-22-2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
              Will it work with tungsten carbide?

It should but I used a detector to try and find a release. SOB just went off constantly. Reminded me of my old radar detector. If you borrow a detector, borrow someone that can use the dang thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in 2014 I lost a custom bone handle knife, camera, spare release and sunglasses to bears. I was 20 feet up a single ladder stand in Saskatchewan when two newborn Cubs spooked and climbed over the top of me. When the sow got to me she she removed my backpack and bow from the tree. When the guide came to get me the cubs were still above my head and the sow was at the base of the tree. He had me jump on the ATV and we left all my stuff. We did not want to kill the sow. Next day 3 of us went back to get my gear. The bears had scattered my stuff all over the forest. We looked for a couple hours and never found my knife or camera. Still mad about that losing that knife. Wish I had my GoPro that day.https://vimeo.com/192620621

Comment

I don't remember losing anything but have found quite a bit of things others forgot. I've found several boxes of shotgun shells and a few rounds of rifle ammo. One time I saw something in a field and went to see what it was, there was a hunting chair with couple boxes of 12 gauge shells, flashlight, wallet with drivers license, hunting license and some cash in it. There was a small knife and a few other things as well. I was able to find the owner and he said to just mail the wallet and contents and keep the rest.

Comment

Lost a nikon range finder while bow hunting the lincoln ranch, it fell out of my side pockets on my 4wheeler, sad thing no one returned it lol

Comment

These are great and unfortunate stories. Keep them coming!!

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        Back in 2014 I lost a custom bone handle knife, camera, spare release and sunglasses to bears. I was 20 feet up a single ladder stand in Saskatchewan when two newborn Cubs spooked and climbed over the top of me. When the sow got to me she she removed my backpack and bow from the tree. When the guide came to get me the cubs were still above my head and the sow was at the base of the tree. He had me jump on the ATV and we left all my stuff. We did not want to kill the sow. Next day 3 of us went back to get my gear. The bears had scattered my stuff all over the forest. We looked for a couple hours and never found my knife or camera. Still mad about that losing that knife. Wish I had my GoPro that day.https://vimeo.com/192620621

Besides the fire on the first page, this is one of the craziest losses so far.

Comment

The best I could figure, I lost my wedding ring while hunting in Tilden a few years ago. That ring had been on my finger for over 30yrs. It had gotten real tight so I took it to a jeweler and had it resized. Guess it was too big after that!! I was pizzed!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Lost my quiver with 5 arrows and rage broadheads while packing out a hog through some thick brush. Popped off and I didn't realize it until it was too late. Now I'm super paranoid about it.

Comment

Nothing like pulling into the lease and finding a set of steel trailer ramps lying neatly parallel in the middle of the lease road.

You always know who they belong to because we all have a lease-mate who loads the ATV, straps it, and quickly pulls away without loading the ramps. Come to think of it, maybe I'm that guy on our lease....

Comment

Was hunting in the Rio Grande NF in Central Colorado in 2010 with other TBHers. We'd driven to the summit, and were hunting downward - steep, steep, steep.

Anyway, Glen & I got to a resting place, and were trying to decide where to go next or to go back up. I looked down at my supply belt, and my GPS was gone from its pouch. Glen could tell I was beat, so he asked if I'd like for him to go back to look for it.

I answered no, and hell no, and we both climbed back up to the top.

Funny thing is, when we got there, the only game of the entire trip got our attention - a covey of grouse. Glen shot one, and I think one of the other guys got one. Great eating!

That year it was just too hot for the elk to be moving during the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X