No announcement yet.

308 Reloaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imr 4064 with 168 gr. Getting a little less the 1” group at 200yrds. Just picked up some Varget to experiment with.
    Attached Files

Comment

Im running some OLD Accurate 2230c I got years ago. Luckily it’s an 8 pound container. Getting really good results with it thus far

Comment

IMR4064 here, need to pick up some more if I can find it.

Comment

Varget

Comment

Originally posted by TKP1991 View Post
            IMR4064 here, need to pick up some more if I can find it.
            Midway USA has 1lb containers right now.

Comment

Sounds like I need to try and find some Varget. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Reloader 17 & Varget.

RL17 gets noticeably more velocity than Varget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Especially when you top it off and crunch it

Comment

Barber and RL15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a while since I was loading but I had good luck with Varget and 175gr Barnes TTSX.

Comment

41.7gn of IMR4064 168gn BTHP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

.308 is a great cartrige to make sure your process is solid. There are so many good recipes online that will shoot 1/4" out of a quality rifle that you can find out if any of your steps need to be tweaked. As others have stated, IMR was long the gold standard. There are newer poweders that will bump the velocity a bit. However, I would start with something proven, IMR 4064/Varget, with a match grade hunting bullet. I have had great luck with Berger 168g classic hunter.

For those new to reloading I have them buy the loaded rounds from Berger. They get Lapua brass and those rounds shoot really good from most rifles. After they are fire formed you have amazing brass to work with.

Comment

RL 15, Varget

Comment

4895 or 3031...but all i shoot out of my ar10 is 125 gr sierras for hogs

Comment

4350, W748, & Varget.

Comment

Varget before it was tough(er) to find, CFE 223 currently just because I have 10 pounds of it. You have to watch for excessive pressure, but it's definitely a powder that will increase velocity. I like the powder for 7-08 and 22-250 as well.

I use the .308 to plink with out to 700y and occasionally stretch it to 1000y. Mainly it's my work up load development to ascertain how variables impact group size, ES, MV etc

Target load .308, 175 gr. SMK, 46.5 gr CFE223 , 2690 MV, 20" heavy Palma barrel for
                                Hunting load .308 130 gr. Barnes TTSX, 53.0 gr CFE 223, 3050 MV

Comment

Working...
                                X