Bergara Premier Highlander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara Premier Highlander

Anyone have or handled one of these and if so, your thoughts?

Think of our Premier Series as an extension of our Custom Series, but with standardized features for greater efficiencies in parts production and assembly - providing near custom performance at prices that are affordable to serious shooters.
    Last edited by WTN; 02-10-2020, 01:59 PM. Reason: Added link

Nice rifle for the money. The Trigger Tech Primary they come with is a really nice addition.the bolt is pretty smooth, and the 700 footprint is always welcomed. The few ive been around have all shot very well.

Comment

Well, for that kind of money and only a 1 MOA or less guarantee with match grade factory ammo is a waste. A 700.00 tikka will do that and it's guaranteed as well. I have a Bergara in 308. It's got a great stock but my Tikka will shoot slightly better than 1/2 MOA and the best I could get with my Bergara was much closer to 1 MOA.

I wouldn't do it.

Comment

I just ordered one of these, what kind of bases are y’all using? It looks like anything for a 700 will work.

Comment

Not that exact model but I do have a Pro. It shoots well under 1 MOA and I checked this with Federal Premium box ammo and a Caldwell plastic base. At 100 yards I thought I hit the target once out of 3 shots and was confused, until the range went cold and I walked down to check the target in person. All 3 shots hit and made a pattern which I can only describe as the smallest 3 leaf clover ever.

Yes, it is a 700 pattern but be careful as Bergara generally taps the upper for 8x40 screws instead of 6x42 which is/had been standard for Remmy 700 uppers. The base I used was a Seekins Precision 20 MOA model.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
            I just ordered one of these, what kind of bases are y’all using? It looks like anything for a 700 will work.

It uses 8-40 screws. I’ve seen a lot of people running the Area 419 rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great rifles, depending on caliber choice, ammo and shooters skill, easy under their MOA guarantee.
              Buy with confidence . My choice if not building custom

Comment

Working...
              X