• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at Reloading

Will be mainly reloading for:

AR10 308
    Bergara HMR 6.5cm

Possibly a 6mm CM in future

What would be the best way to get started? I’m not too worried about budget as I would like to make it as easy as possible. I have never reloaded before but would like to get into it and have been reading up on it.

Does anyone have a parts list of everything (besides powder, cases, and bullets). There are a lot of different set ups and would like someone’s personal experience with different equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee and RCBS have good kits.

Gat a manual and read it thoroughly.

Press
    Dies
    Powder Scale
    Calipers
    Brass trimmer (lee makes a shell holder and trimmer that works pretty well, but only trims brass to standard length)
    Case Lube

There’s a lot more that you can add, but those are the bare minimum tools you’ll need.

Comment

Also, don't be afraid of used equipment. Go to your local range, or a good store that sells supplies. Ask around. You may wind up with a new friend, a teacher, and a source of equipment all in a bunch.

Comment

Dies, scale, powder measure, priming tool, press, chamfering tool, proper shell holder for the ccase you are loading, will get you started with rifle reloading. and a set of calipers if you don't already have them.

Comment

The Hornady "Iron" press kit would be a good start. My next single stage press will either be the Iron or the MEC Marksman. The Ultimate Reloader channel on Youtube has good reviews of both presses as well as many others.

Comment

My advice based on 30+ yrs of reloading, but a Forster Co-Ax press and you’re set for life. Priced around $250 used and worth every penny. I’ve owned lesser priced Lee, RCBS, Hornady, and Redding presses. Sold them all and bought a FCA. Buy the best once and you’re done.

I’ll ask around and try to find you quality used reloading equipment that will be priced 25% - 50% below retail. I started out buying used top notch equipment from benchrest shooters who were retiring. Still have most of it today

Comment

How much do you shoot would be my first question. If its significant, I would suggest a progressive over single stage. Such as a dillon 550 or 650. You said easiest as well. Progressives are faster as well. And dont believe anyone who says to learn on a single stage first. You load 100 rounds, youll have the process down. Then youre just loading slower on a single stage.

Comment

Working...
              X