Price per acre to mow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price per acre to mow?

Recently got a riding mowong and few people have asked me to mow there property 1 being almost 3 acres. MINE is 1 acre and takes about 20 min. What are yall paying for a acre to be mowed in Dfw area?

3 acres should be $90 for just mowing $130 with weedeating

Comment

27 An acre

Comment

Price per acre to mow?

I charge $60-75 a week for 1 acre lots depending on the amount of edging.
        The couple 2 acre lots I do are a little over $100 per week.
        Collin County

Must be pretty flat open 1 acre if you’re doing it 20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Sparkles; 05-24-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
          Recently got a riding mowong and few people have asked me to mow there property 1 being almost 3 acres. MINE is 1 acre and takes about 20 min. What are yall paying for a acre to be mowed in Dfw area?
          You charge by time, not acreage. Just mowing, a dollar a minute.

Comment

Please post pic of the mowong, been a while since I’ve seen one

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
              There very rare, like an albino raccoon

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post

It’s a Chinese zero turn.

Comment

When I had my mowing business I didn’t bid a job based on acreage. I bid based on the time I thought it would take me to finish it. My goal was $60-$75 / hr. That covered my equipment fuel, truck fuel, trailer registration, wear and tear and left me a little in my pocket. If it was a single job in an area that I had no other business, I bid it higher. If there were several close together I’d stay on the lower end of my range.

I wouldn’t drop the ramp on my trailer for less than $35 per yard. Even in a zero lot line neighborhood it wasn’t worth my time to compete with the $20 per yard amigos.

I stayed busier than I wanted but word traveled fast between neighbors and I liked having extra spending money in my pocket.

Only closed down the business because I changed primary jobs and have less spare time now than I did at my old job. I still have 4-5 yards but that’s just to pay for my hockey teams and hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                    When I had my mowing business I didn’t bid a job based on acreage. I bid based on the time I thought it would take me to finish it. My goal was $60-$75 / hr. That covered my equipment fuel, truck fuel, trailer registration, wear and tear and left me a little in my pocket. If it was a single job in an area that I had no other business, I bid it higher. If there were several close together I’d stay on the lower end of my range.

I wouldn’t drop the ramp on my trailer for less than $35 per yard. Even in a zero lot line neighborhood it wasn’t worth my time to compete with the $20 per yard amigos.

I stayed busier than I wanted but word traveled fast between neighbors and I liked having extra spending money in my pocket.

Only closed down the business because I changed primary jobs and have less spare time now than I did at my old job. I still have 4-5 yards but that’s just to pay for my hockey teams and hunting.

If you’re mowing an acre in 20 minutes I’d like to see the mower. With my commercial toro zero turn it takes me 25 minutes to mow my half acre lot that I own next to my house and that’s an empty lot with no trees, cut in and not including trimming.

If

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      It’s a Chinese zero turn.

[emoji23]🤪

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                        3 acres should be $90 for just mowing $130 with weedeating
                        Not with my truck,and equipment.
                        Jesus Christ..Hell..Concrete,blowing...Trees,pool's?? No wonder I only do Cemetery's nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                          Not with my truck,and equipment.
                          Jesus Christ..Hell..Concrete,blowing...Trees,pool's?? No wonder I only do Cemetery's nowadays.

I agree that is way to cheap

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                            I agree that is way to cheap

I wish I could get everybody together at the bar one day...Help them figure their cost/costs..Show them what it actually costs to do business in Texas...Get 'em drunk,and make 'em sign an agreement. Private tree felling is even worse.

Comment

Where did you borrow the mowong from?

Comment

Working...
                              X