The perfect lineman’s belt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The perfect lineman’s belt!

After collecting all the required components I got it assembled! And it works awesome!!! NO more flat seatbelt material that is always twisted and in a bind. No more Prusik knots to use both hands to adjust. NO MORE KNOTS, I hate knots, they are weak, heavy, bulky, and look like hell.

2 climbing grade aluminum caribeners and a ropeman 1 mechanical assender. About 9’ of climbing rope. Eye spliced on the end nice a sleek. All hardware weighs less than 1 of the factory steal caribeners. One hand adjustment both ways. Super light and very fast.

Most sadle hunters use a version of this but I never see one without huge knots on both ends. YouTube and some creative use of an old aluminum arrow to make a fid. Done
    Attached Files

First test run
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice. Might want both carabiners to be locking, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Nice. Might want both carabiners to be locking, though.
          Nope

That side goes off and on with secondary strap. Locked side never comes off. If you have one come unlocked climbing a tree.... you were being so reckless you need to have a good fall.

Comment

That’s how I roll. Probably one of the single best changes I’ve made for going up a tree other than switching to lonewolf and climbing sticks.

What I like is by using the rope, it has enough mass to flip upwards behind the tree as you climb. My hands never touch my sticks except for when I’m strapping them on the tree. Other than that my hands are on the rope. Take a step, flip it up, take a step, flip it up. Can’t do that with a seatbelt strap.
            Last edited by Sleepy; 02-26-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Can you build me one for $30?

Looks like another great idea Kyle

Comment

I wish I could. Lol

In the time I’ve been designing and comparing components the assender has went up $10 and is pretty hard to find not “sold out”
                Then there’s rope... Wes spur wanted $18 to ship $8 worth of rope. R&W shipped for about $7.... still too much in shipping

Comment

Kyle, do you visit the tetherhunting website? That's where I go my info the tree saddle hunting forum...

Comment

No. I don’t sadle hunt but do like some of their techniques and modifications. I just put some small twist on them and make them not as crude in some areas ( just a personal preference). I did find the rope I was looking for on one forum as predator was priced right.... just crazy shipping price and only sold from one place I could find.

Comment

I have a similar setup but I have the ropeman ii. My rope sheathg isn't sturdy enough for the ropeman ii. I need to find rope with a tougher sheath. I'm using static 10 mm. What size is your rope?

Comment

1/2”

Comment

I wish we could just climb with one of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like it. Well done. Put together the marketing and start a business. I'll buy.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                              I like it. Well done. Put together the marketing and start a business. I'll buy.
                              Me too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X