SETx sheds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SETx sheds

All hunters are welcomed to respond, but it seems that sheds are getting very difficult to find here in SETx. I found just one last year and none so far this year. What says the SETx shed hunters?

I very rarely find any in East Texas and when I do it's normally after they are bleached and chewed on by rodents. It's just so dang thick they are hard to find.

Comment

Rodents

Comment

I do alot of walking and by now I would have found at least one or two. I just find it odd that I havent found any.

Comment

I found my first one in 6 or 7 years a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it was last years shed and not one of the bucks I was looking/hoping for. The previous owner will be a good one this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            I very rarely find any in East Texas and when I do it's normally after they are bleached and chewed on by rodents. It's just so dang thick they are hard to find.
            This is my experience. I've gotten a few that looked like they would've been impressive had I found them before they were chewed down.

Comment

I dont even bother loooking. Its just to dang thick where i'm at and i have a good idea of where most of my bucks hangout but it aint worth the hassle lol unless one drops in the road or around my feeders then i probably wont ever find one.

Comment

Going today!

Comment

It's because there's no deer in East Texas.[emoji23] Good luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    It's because there's no deer in East Texas.[emoji23] Good luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                    You must be right! I didn't find any.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      You must be right! I didn't find any.
                      Sadly, very few of the legal bucks in our area survive. But we find a few. Mostly dead heads lost the previous season by neighbors.

BP

Comment

Going again right now

Comment

Monster. Going to hit a honey hole soon. Should have already looked, the grass and greenery may be too high now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I find a couple every year while chasing my dogs around while hog hunting but aside from that I have always had my best luck finding them on field edges where the bucks have to jump over fences. 99% of the time if I dont stumble on them while heading to bays I find em on fence lines........ Found a good one last year with my buggy tire too lol

Comment

Well, I know one thing, them suckers are hard to find. I have walked enough to find at least one, but noooo! I usually find them on rub lines or scrapes, close to or in bedding areas, thing is bedding areas are usually very thick and I don't bend like I once could. I have seen some good places to hunt, but no sheds.

Comment

Working...
                              X