Best Game Cams??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Game Cams??

I know there are a few threads on these but what have you guys had the best luck with?

Currently have Browning Strike Force and may actually go with them since they can be had for around $100 now that a new model is out.

I'll start by saying Reconyx won't happen since I need several and I'm not sponsored by them haha. Probably a $200 a piece max

I love the new browning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I replaced my 3 miscellaneous cameras with 3 Browning Strike Force Cameras. I think for that price they are a great buy. I'm happy with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
        I love the new browning

I looked at it but it offers very little from last years. Little better battery life, little quicker speeds, longer video, and SD overwrite. Pic quality is the same and I don't use video or want to overwrite.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          I looked at it but it offers very little from last years. Little better battery life, little quicker speeds, longer video, and SD overwrite. Pic quality is the same and I don't use video or want to overwrite.
          Well I'm meaning from the years past. The last few years they have been top notch

Comment

Just a few? ��

Browning Strike Force is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
              Well I'm meaning from the years past. The last few years they have been top notch

Oh yea sorry. Very good now days. I was thinking you meant the newest for this year

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                Just a few? ��

Browning Strike Force is the way to go.
                Yea 4-5

Comment

Trailcampro are astonished with this camera.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Hmm I was reading over there and didn't notice that one on the site I'll have to go read their review. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      I saw that and TCP is the best review company and unbiased as they come. I find the same results they see.

These below is all I use now after trying cameras for MANY YEARS!!!! Plus the one mentioned looks awesome but I want to look into it somemore

1. Browning Strike Force $129
                      2. Moultrie M888 $139
                      3. Bushnell Aggressor $179

IN NO ORDER..................AND I HAVE USED MANY MANY cameras over the years

Comment

I've had Cudde Captures, Primos, Spy Point, Bushnell, and maybe one other. Liked the Cudde Captures best but they didn't last long. Got a pair of Primos 60 that are in their 4th year and go year round. Had a 3rd one but it died in its second year.

I'll try the Browning next. My biggest gripe with them all is that they spend money on too many pixels--we aren't in a photo contest. Dump the mega-pixels and give me trigger speed and durability/long life.

Comment

I can't say what's best, because there are a bunch I haven't tried. After I discarded WGIs and the old Moultries, I tried Bushnells and they fit my bill. I have six of them and a Browning I bought off here, and they are all good. Some of the Bushnells are five years old and still going strong. I still have a couple Primos Blackouts that I don't use anymore because of the D batteries. Good cameras, but I don't like to have to carry the Ds around.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            I've had Cudde Captures, Primos, Spy Point, Bushnell, and maybe one other. Liked the Cudde Captures best but they didn't last long. Got a pair of Primos 60 that are in their 4th year and go year round. Had a 3rd one but it died in its second year.

I'll try the Browning next. My biggest gripe with them all is that they spend money on too many pixels--we aren't in a photo contest. Dump the mega-pixels and give me trigger speed and durability/long life.
                            Looks like the new spy points have the fastest trigger speeds of any cameras made now.

The mega pixels aren't even true either. Trail cam pro talks about this they are really all around 3-5 for the most part it's just marketing. Reconyx actually market me their true at 3.1 mega pixels

Comment

I don't know if they are the best, but the Brownings I bought seem to be outlasting the Primos and Moultrie cameras I've owned by quite a bit. I purchased the Strike Force (regular, non-HD model) when Midway put them on sale last year in August. I haven't taken them out of the woods yet. The battery life is amazingly long compared to the other cams I've used, and the pictures look great.

The Primos' couldn't stand getting wet. First hard rain, they were soaked inside - all of the 35's and 46's I owned. They took good pictures. Just couldn't stand getting wet.

The Moultrie's I had just stopped working, and when they did work, they ate through batteries very quickly. They were the older, larger models with the flash - D40's I think. I went through quite a few of those before I gave up and moved to the Primos cameras. However, my friends recently purchased the very inexpensive ones that look VERY similar to the small Brownings I now own (The cases look almost identical), and those have been lasting quite well.

All the best,
                              Glenn

Comment

Working...
                              X