No announcement yet.

Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I thought I was being serious. Seems to work well for others.

Some corps areas allow corn. Whitney is one example. I don't see the harm in hand corning. It can make for more ethical shots, allows a hunter to size up a deer and make a better decision on something like antler restrictions before taking a shot, etc. I guess not allowing it works for some corps areas that don't want a high animal harvest rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      Oh, I thought I was being serious. Seems to work well for others.

Some corps areas allow corn. Whitney is one example. I don't see the harm in hand corning. It can make for more ethical shots, allows a hunter to size up a deer and make a better decision on something like antler restrictions before taking a shot, etc. I guess not allowing it works for some corps areas that don't want a high animal harvest rate.
      I am thinking on doing a pat mayse corps hunt this year have you been there?

Comment

Webster shoot me a text u were the only one to answer on here I have too low of a post count to pm. Yeah no corn u just need to know where to go and be super stealthy. I've crawled w a bow on the ground to make shots. Last one I shot walked right into me shot him at 20 yards

Comment

I walked for days at various spots on Lewisville and Lavon last year, didn't see a hog one. Plenty of signs and some deer, but no hog. I've got all three permits this year and was even drawn for the deer permit on GV. Have a kayak this year, so I've heard that provides great access to some less busy areas...

I am also happy to take on a hunting partner for a trip or two. I'm new to bow hunting, but I'm not dumb or careless or new to hunting in general, and I prefer you be the same if you care to go out together...

Hit me up...

Comment

You may have to send me a pm my post count is too low. Not new to Bow hunting just new to this site. My number is listed above, shoot me a text

Comment

I don't want to put this out on the public interwebs. Someone who is familiar with ALL parts of Lake Lewisville, can you please PM me? I have a question, specifically hunting north of 380, NOT in the Denton part..

Comment

Originally posted by L3mon View Post
                I don't want to put this out on the public interwebs. Someone who is familiar with ALL parts of Lake Lewisville, can you please PM me? I have a question, specifically hunting north of 380, NOT in the Denton part..

We're all friends here...a tight knit community...nobody but us in here...nooooobody watching. So please ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  We're all friends here...a tight knit community...nobody but us in here...nooooobody watching. So please ask away.
                  Bad day?

Or are you always this sarcastic?

Comment

Sarcastic? Me?? Never.

You're going about it the right way. Never mind me, I'm just beating the dead horse from the other public hunting threads.

Comment

Where do y'all see that you can't use corn? I only see rules that you can't bait for migratory bird.

Comment

Page 6 of the USACE Fort Worth District Public Hunting Guide

18. Is baiting allowed on Corps of Engineers hunting lands?
                        A hunter may not hunt migratory birds with the aid of bait or on or over any baited area. Contact the site manager of a specific lake for information on using corn to bait deer or other game animals. Note: Hunters are responsible for knowing whether an area is baited or not.

Call the Lewisville office and ask. My bet is they will tell you that you cannot bait corn for hogs on Lewisville. Why they just won't publish it is beyond me. It leaves a grey area, and they almost seem to like it that way.

Comment

That's what I had read. I have been trying to call but they just transfer me to somebody who doesn't answer their phone or return messages.

Comment

If u know where to go and pattern them no corn needed

Comment

I stopped by the C.O.D. land north of 380 today on my lunch break and talked to a guy dove hunting. He had his MOJO and decs out but said he had been there since sun up and hadn't seen a single dove....

Comment

I haven't heard much good anywhere today for doves, I have been watching a lot and I just haven't seen them as much this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X