• Show
Clear All

Cotton Seed Feeder

Feeder holds 550 pounds of cotton seed.
    Attached Files

Comment

That’s a serious setup

Comment

So I'm looking at starting to feed cotton seed next year. When you put out 1500lbs and it takes the deer 7 weeks to eat it does the rain and moisture not make it spoil and rot?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
          So I'm looking at starting to feed cotton seed next year. When you put out 1500lbs and it takes the deer 7 weeks to eat it does the rain and moisture not make it spoil and rot?
          Nope.

Comment

Our deer outside of Seymour didn’t touch it. We had a wire pen full for weeks. Sprinkled corn everywhere and they still haven’t touched it.

Comment

My deer walked right past it for a whole year, then one day....... Now they cant get enough.

Comment

Where are y’all buying yalls cotton seed ?

Comment

Comment

we buy ours in bulk at the gin in Sinton - Hartzendorf

we also place some of our feeders outside our feed pens so that fawns can get to it

Comment

We bought ours in batesville

Comment

Big pile of cotton seed

What is the problem with just having a massive pile of cotton seed for deer to eat on for months?

Comment

Originally posted by huntingtx View Post
                          What is the problem with just having a massive pile of cotton seed for deer to eat on for months?
                          Nothing at all. I like to dump it on top of a cedar bush. They will pick it clean.

My dad is adamant about filling the wire basket feeders, and they only last about a week. IMO, just dump it on the ground. They're gonna eat it all either way.....they don't care! To me its just extra work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Let’s see your cottonseed setups

Originally posted by huntingtx View Post

None really. They just stomp all over it and spread it out. But they’ll eat it eventually. The totes and cages make it a little cleaner and keeps them from walking and crapping all over the majority of it. Also If you get a real heavy rain while it’s out, a cage holds it in place.... not spread out laying flat with some floating down the sendero somewhere..... or stomped in the mud.

Comment

What’s the going price on cotton seed? How much protein is in it?

Comment

Will cows eat the cotton seed? We have some of the only jumping cows that have gotten into our Feed pens and eaten all our Protein. We have cotton seed next to the protein and the cows never eat on the seed just the protein. If we go to only seed will the cows take to it?

Comment

Working...
                                X