Gasoline Auxiliary Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasoline Auxiliary Tank

I’ve done some google searching but don’t see many options (if any) for auxiliary tanks if you have a gas pick up truck. I’m sure it has to do with DOT strict laws on transporting gas, but does anyone have one? Or know of a DOT approved model? Thanks.

I've looked in to this and it's hard to find a straight answer. No help from me but good luck

Comment

I have had one in my F150 for 5 years or so. I got a regular tank that you would find at tractor supply. I haven't has any problems with it at all. I use to fill trucks at my job that are in the field for days on end. So far so good. We have about 15 trucks with this set up and none of them have had any problems. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
        I’ve done some google searching but don’t see many options (if any) for auxiliary tanks if you have a gas pick up truck. I’m sure it has to do with DOT strict laws on transporting gas, but does anyone have one? Or know of a DOT approved model? Thanks.
        Not sure there is an approved DOT one.

All the ones I’ve seen are clear about being for diesel only.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
          Not sure there is an approved DOT one.

All the ones I’ve seen are clear about being for diesel only.
          That’s what I’m finding as well

Comment

I would love to find some good information on this. Having to get gas every two days gets old.

Comment

Does DOT stop you regularly? I have done the same thing as Craig

Comment

From what I have heard, it's not legal because of the vapors are so flammable from gasoline.

Comment

Just grow some and do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Just grow some and do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                    I hear ya. I was curious if there is a mechanic/physics to reason to it, or if it was just "the man" saying I cant.

Comment

I have used a in bed 80 gal tank to fill camper generator and buggy’s at lease for a few years, and it’s extremely handy for mowers and stuff at home

Comment

A quick check on the Web showed lots of them, all DOT-rated and approved for gasoline transfer tanks. Is this what you wanted, or jut an aux. tank like a fuel cell to run off???

Comment

I am looking for aux style, that I can feed to my truck with the flip of switch. Trying to pull big rv without gassing up every 2 hours. Thanks

Comment

Auxiliary diesel, no problem. Auxiliary gas, no way!

It’s all good till you get creamed by some distracted idiot

Comment

It used to be common in the 70's to have saddlebag tanks on trucks. The way engines and fuel systems are designed these days......I'm not saying it is impossible to add another tank, at the least it would be a major undertaking.

If you had another tank to use to fill your existing tank with the flip of a switch, there is the issue of the integrity of the existing system.

Comment

Working...
                              X