No announcement yet.

$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like poaching, but can forgive it if someone does something boneheaded. But to pretend like the guy is remorseful over a mistake is being a bit dishonest. He was a repeat offender. He isn't remorseful he did it. Otherwise he wouldn't have taken glamour shots and been a known poacher. He is remorseful that he got caught. Now. Like I said. If that is the sort of thing you can forgive then that's fine. I don't get the antler craze anyways.

Now what I do hate is intentional trespassing. A man that has no respect for another person's property is no better than a thief.

As for the double standard, It's obviously very real. In every other poacher thread ever started on this website the reply's are a unanimous mosh of hatred and requests for capital punishment.
    Last edited by Clay C; 12-12-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
      It's just a forum if they want to kick me off that's fine , I will not lose sleep over it!!!
      you are gonna run afoul with the local amen corner of tbh if you keep it up son. all sin is accepted as a lapse in judgement, but blasphemy against the site that has saved and changed countless lives, will not be given grace.

take a lap around jerrys world kid, and admit in the college football thread that your team is in the acc and take your lols and hehe haha bwahaha's.

that might undue your blasphemous past.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I don't like poaching, but can forgive it if someone does something boneheaded. But to pretend like the guy is remorseful over a mistake is being a bit dishonest. He was a repeat offender. He isn't remorseful he did it. Otherwise he wouldn't have taken glamour shots and been a known poacher. He is remorseful that he got caught. Now. Like I said. If that is the sort of thing you can forgive then that's fine. I don't get the antler craze anyways.

Now what I do hate is intentional trespassing. A man that has no respect for another person's property is no better than a thief.

As for the double standard, It's obviously very real. In every other poacher thread ever started on this website the reply's are a unanimous mosh of hatred and requests for capital punishment.
        Nailed it! The " he made a mistake " excuse don't apply here.

Comment

Maybe because this one is totally different? Of course if someone comes onto your property and poaches a deer it's 10 times as bad as him going on a non-hunters property that hasn't even seen the property in "x" years.

Sure he was wrong in poaching and hunting at night. But if you can't see the difference between a road side spot light hunter that just cuts the head off and what happened here then you're just being hard headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Nailed it! The " he made a mistake " excuse don't apply here.
            So what will make you happy? You want everyone on TBH to now hate the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Maybe because this one is totally different? Of course if someone comes onto your property and poaches a deer it's 10 times as bad as him going on a non-hunters property that hasn't even seen the property in "x" years.

Sure he was wrong in poaching and hunting at night. But if you can't see the difference between a road side spot light hunter that just cuts the head off and what happened here then you're just being hard headed.
              I can see the difference. I'm not condemning the guy for shooting the deer. At the end of the day it's a freaking deer. As for the property issue, I don't care if the owner has never seen it. It is his property. If a guy buys a car and it never leaves his driveway does that it less of a crime for someone to steal it? It is a lack of respect for another person's property.

Comment

I can see the difference. I'm not condemning the guy for shooting the deer. At the end of the day it's a freaking deer. As for the property issue, I don't care if the owner has never seen it. It is his property. If a guy buys a car and it never leaves his driveway does that it less of a crime for someone to steal it? It is a lack of respect for another person's property.
                Sure it's a lack of respect. Argument could be he didn't hurt anything the landowner had. Certainly didn't steal anything from the landowner. Car analogy doesn't work. As far as harming the landowner he just sat in a tree.

People need to put themselves in his shoes. That's apparently too hard for the people on their high horses to think about. I'm not saying I or anyone here would do it but don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted knowing the owner never even came to the State.

I hunted a place where the property boundaries were very unclear. No one ever came into those woods. I would have been tempted to shoot something even if I was unsure where I was.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  really? i feel like i looked it up 2 or 3 years ago on the TPWD website and there wasn't one for the area.
                  There are often vacant spots, don't know about your co. but there was a vacancy here in Falls co. for a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                    really? i feel like i looked it up 2 or 3 years ago on the TPWD website and there wasn't one for the area.
                    Maybe was a vacancy for a short time but I’ve only been gone from Eldorado 4 years and there was one as long as I could remember growing up and living there

Comment

He is just as bad as a roadside hunter. He also admitted he had poached deer in the past. This wasn’t a one time mental lapse. He is a Poacher that got caught for the first time. He has a history of Poaching and finally was caught.

Comment

The guy lied, then lied about lying. Completely self inflicted, on facebook. Then destroyed evidence to cover his lies. Then lied some more. Even had his momma lying for him. Then lied to LEOs. For what, envy, pride, greed? He made lots of "mistakes", not just one. Risked his career, his family, his freedom for what, some likes on facebook? Never met the guy, but sure seems like his moral compass can get out of whack in a hurry.

Comment

Sure it's a lack of respect. Argument could be he didn't hurt anything the landowner had. Certainly didn't steal anything from the landowner. Car analogy doesn't work. As far as harming the landowner he just sat in a tree.

People need to put themselves in his shoes. That's apparently too hard for the people on their high horses to think about. I'm not saying I or anyone here would do it but don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted knowing the owner never even came to the State.

I hunted a place where the property boundaries were very unclear. No one ever came into those woods. I would have been tempted to shoot something even if I was unsure where I was.
                          if i understood correctly the person in charge of that land had been leaving notes on his stand asking him to remove it, even for years prior.

and wasnt there a 2nd buck taken by TPWD as well, stated to have come from the same place a few years ago?

Comment

I understand your argument. I just think it's no one's business what someone does or doesn't do with their own property. Still doesn't give anyone the right to use it at will. Anyone who thinks they can has an entitlement issue.

We have all been tempted to do bad/immoral/questionable things in our life. No doubt about that. Doing it or not doing it defines the character of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                              Does the neighbor have grounds for a civil suit on top of this state case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Because all wild deer in Texas are owned by the state, no. If he could show other damages, like to his reputation, his land, etc. then maybe, but my guess is that, by the time the poacher pays the state and his attorneys, there won't be much blood left in him.

Comment

There’s that temptation again being the only thing keeping someone from being a poacher.

Comment

Working...
                                X