Bear Creek or AR Stoner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Creek or AR Stoner

Kinda looking at a 6.5 Grendel upper. Both are complete for ~$250 (yes, I’m a poor).

The BCA is a right-side charger. AR Stoner is a typical charging handle. Both are free float, mlok.

Which one?

If I had to pick I'd say ar-stoner

Comment

I had one bca and the best it would shoot was about 3" groups. Doesn't mean they don't makes some descent stuff but not this one. There is a reason they and stoner's are cheap. I'm sure you are going to get replies from others about how good theirs shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        I had one bca and the best it would shoot was about 3" groups. Doesn't mean they don't makes some descent stuff but not this one. There is a reason they and stoner's are cheap. I'm sure you are going to get replies from others about how good theirs shoot.
        I’m sure I will lol.

I have a stoner barrel on a 223 AR and it shoots decent. I’ve had good luck with PSA and DPMS stuff in the past (blasphemy, I know), but haven’t ever messed with BCA.

I’m not expecting benchrest accuracy from either brand, but I want it to function and do a maximum of 1.5 MOA with decent ammo.

Comment

I’ve got a BCA barrel on one of my 5.56 ARs and it shoots good. However, I’m well aware of the fact that they are hit or miss.

I’d email them and ask what happens if you get one that won’t group better than your 1.5” MOA limit. They might say “send it back and we will send you another”. Of course do you want to play that game? Maybe not. Worth a shot though in my eyes.

My buddy just ordered a COMPLETE 16” 300blk AR15 from bear creek. Believe it was $359 or something close to that. It was worth a shot at that price.

Comment

If memory serves me right the BCA Grendel barrels were largely inaccurate as a majority. Seems I remember seeing in several forums about 3inch groups being the rule and not the exception.

Never heard good bad or indifferent with the AR stoner stuff so that’s the way I would lean personally out of those two.

May look at PSA I think they had some Grendel uppers in stock and I know people that have got MOA accuracy out of those.

Heard good things about Grendel hunter uppers but don’t know anyone personally that has one.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I have no experience about BCA grendel but I do not like my 223. I haven't found a load yet that will hold under 2". I would hold off a little longer and get something better. Maybe even build one. That way you can spend a little at a time and get quality parts.

Comment

I have a BCA in 350 Legend and it shoots fine. The magazine didn’t like 150 grain so I bumped it to 180 and all is fine. It will be in Iowa with me shortly for whitetail.

Comment

Have a BCA 6.5 Grendel upper and it shoots great, right around 1" groups at 100, 2" groups at 200.

Also have an ARStoner upper in 450 Bushmaster and it also shoots very well.

No complaints about either & would buy either brand again.

Comment

I know personally of 4 BCA 6.5 Grendals that shot really bad. One of them was mine and I couldn't get tighter than an 8" group. I wouldn't touch BCA anything.

Comment

I have bca 223s that shoot as good as i can hold
                      I had 1 grendel & sold it. Hope that explains it

Comment

I had a 223 from BCA and it wouldn’t hold on a pie plate at 50yds. Have a 7.62x39 and a 6.5 Grendal that I can shoot within 1.5” groups at 100yds with a red dot.

Comment

I just bought a 18" heavy 6.5cm barrel from BCA and it's about a 1" group at 100 an trying to get it tighter than that. Oh yeah it was 100bucks btw

Comment

Op I’m in same boat as you would like to get in on a budget Grendel to see how well I like it. I’ve been eyeballing sanders armory upppers. Can anyone vouch for their uppers?

Op they are a little more money but might be worth the difference. They where cheaper then 6.5 grendel hunters uppers

Comment

Working...
                            X