Dental Implants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental Implants

I'm starting to look into this. Has anyone here tried this, have experience or knowledge? Nuvia claims 24 hours What are things to look for when considering this?

Following. I need like 5 of them lol. Sucks

Comment

I have one and maybe 24 hours total but for sure it took several weeks for the entire process. First is modeling and extraction with the possibility of bone grafts. Then a couple weeks of healing time. Next is pillar implant, more healing, then fitting. Very expensive.

Comment

There are a whole host of variables. It will depend what tooth and what condition the bone is in. Some areas you can do an immediate implant if you are a candidate where the extraction and implant placement happen at the same time. It needs to heal about 3 mos. Before the final crown can be placed.
        Yes there are visits where some planning should occur whether that’s taking impressions for models, a CBCT scan or X-ray , etc.
        they are very reliable if done correctly in trained hands. Goodluck !

Comment

What kind of price range?

Comment

Had two. Took a few weeks start to finish. I think my two cost me over five grand start to finish. Glad I did it. You want to buy the best you can afford

Comment

Implant surgery placement can be 1200-2000 depending on your area. Then the abutment and crown would be another 1200-1500. Usually want to budget about 3k per tooth.

Comment

The radio guys said that according to the BBB implants were the most complains about thing the last several years. I didn’t pay much attention to the conversation but so remember that

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I have one and maybe 24 hours total but for sure it took several weeks for the entire process. First is modeling and extraction with the possibility of bone grafts. Then a couple weeks of healing time. Next is pillar implant, more healing, then fitting. Very expensive.
                  Yep both my mom and mother in law got some implants
                  The medi care version @ the dental school in San Antonio are pretty poor quality yet expensive

Comment

I paid $4500 for one from Austin Oral Surgery, a higher end outfit in my area. I needed a sinus lift, but no bone graft. Extraction, then six weeks healing, then sinus lift, then six weeks healing, then they installed the threaded insert (like a helicoil in automotive repair to address stripped threads) and four weeks healing, then my general dentist fitted me for the actual implant and installed it with a ratchet wrench. There was no pain during the entire process and the surgical dental assistants were smoking hot, very nice, and professional.

The implant is very good. Multiple general dentists have complemented the work.

It is difficult for me to see how all that can be done in 24 hours with no healing time between steps.

Comment

All of my teeth are fractured and by the day I am finding something else I am not longer able to chew! I am going to start getting them pulled and was thinking about this but now that I see how expensive it can be I could only afford 1/2 of an implant lol. Guess I’ll be Chewing with my gums before too long.

Comment

Long - long process with mine. Upper left front ( #9 ) tooth. Broke in half in the 6th grade, root canal my senior year, permanent crown when I turned 24. Broke it off smooth with the gumline eating ribs at the deer camp when I was about 35, post & new crown several times.
                        This year now at 57, decided to finally do an implant, extracted the rest of the root-drilled out jawbone & inserted titanium implant & healing abutment, waited necessary 4 months for bone to heal around titanium, performed torgue test ( yes they actually use a little torque wrench ) went to my dentist to get fitted with a temporary tooth. Had an appointment for this thursday to get prepped for the permanent one, well sunday the temporary one came unscrewed & fell out, went yesterday to have it reinstalled but couldn't due to the gum needing to be trimmed, will handle all that this thursday.
                        Really just want my mouth back to normal.
                        Implant cost will be arount $5K
                        Vaniers on 3 surrounding teeth is another $3K

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          All of my teeth are fractured and by the day I am finding something else I am not longer able to chew! I am going to start getting them pulled and was thinking about this but now that I see how expensive it can be I could only afford 1/2 of an implant lol. Guess I’ll be Chewing with my gums before too long.
                          I started grinding my teeth after my wisdom teeth were removed. Also developed TMJ pain and clenching when I sleep.

I ended up fracturing and cracked some teeth and now need 4, maybe 5 implants.

Dreading the process and cost.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

My GF has a few and if they say they can do them in one day they are crazy and I'd run.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              Long - long process with mine. Upper left front ( #9 ) tooth. Broke in half in the 6th grade, root canal my senior year, permanent crown when I turned 24. Broke it off smooth with the gumline eating ribs at the deer camp when I was about 35, post & new crown several times.
                              This year now at 57, decided to finally do an implant, extracted the rest of the root-drilled out jawbone & inserted titanium implant & healing abutment, waited necessary 4 months for bone to heal around titanium, performed torgue test ( yes they actually use a little torque wrench ) went to my dentist to get fitted with a temporary tooth. Had an appointment for this thursday to get prepped for the permanent one, well sunday the temporary one came unscrewed & fell out, went yesterday to have it reinstalled but couldn't due to the gum needing to be trimmed, will handle all that this thursday.
                              Really just want my mouth back to normal.
                              Implant cost will be arount $5K
                              Vaniers on 3 surrounding teeth is another $3K
                              Well at least you will have a Hollywood smile

Comment

Working...
                              X