Youth Weekend, and Youth Sucess…2022!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of year is nigh upon us once again, mom’s, dad’s, and grand folk! The best trick ever perpetrated upon us old t()rds by the younger gen. They get a week head start, and it’s usually some of the most fun of the year. Looks like the weather gods are gonna deal us a nicer hand than usual, and it’s all green lights for the kiddos!

I’m hesitant to do live hunts because our cell coverage is sketch, and this weekend can include a lot of work, and because we are running short of kiddos.

So I welcome you all to post up any and all kid deer, kid hogs, kid waterfowls, kid fish, goofy kid pics, and just kids havin fun in the woods…right here for all the world to see, appreciate, and pass on all due congrats! This is not only for youth weekend, but the whole season, and we can run it on into Turkey season if we want.

Legends will in fact, be made….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-24-2022, 10:01 PM.

Had a giant deer last year that had been coming in every day that would have won the contest, but he decided to chase a doe that day instead of coming to the corn feeder.

Comment

For Snoop and my part, we made an executive decision TODAY (with a big nod to my dude CastAndBlast, and his boy Brooks) to forego crossbow activities. Instead we’re gonna load up some Magnus Stingers on his 35lb Bear Cruzer that he’s been shooting comps with, and just up and go bowhuntin! We’ll have the rifle option in case the right buck, or some previously trail cammed exotics don’t want to get in range, but any and all pigs are gonna get arras just as fast as we can nock’em![emoji23]

We reserve the right to go set in the boat trailer with his “new to us” .260 anytime we want, but the aforementioned is the plan so far. I’m so excited I can hardly set still…he had archery practice tonight, where we cranked up the bow some more, and practiced 15 and 20 yds. I’m going to get him broadheads tomorrow, put the quiver back on his bow, and have a sight lite, and nockturnals….very half assed video hopefully forthcoming.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-24-2022, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I'm in! I remember when I got to start this thread, now my girls are grown! Good luck to all the youths!!

Comment

My last kiddo in the house still qualifies for "youth" weekend at 15, so he's huntin! He's got a new setup that's getting pounded by does but he says he "may" wait for a buck. If I was a betting man I'd lay money down that I'll be posting a downed slickhead Saturday morning by 0900![emoji1787]. Good luck to all the kiddos and bless the folks taking them to the woods.

Comment

We are in since my little man is now 16. He has not killed a deer but wants to continue on the bow hunting journey. Good luck to all youths.

Comment

Good luck snoop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                For Snoop and my part, we made an executive decision TODAY (with a big nod to my dude CastAndBlast, and his boy Brooks) to forego crossbow activities. Instead we’re gonna load up some Magnus Stingers on his 35lb Bear Cruzer that he’s been shooting comps with, and just up and go bowhuntin! We’ll have the rifle option in case the right buck, or some previously trail cammed exotics don’t want to get in range, but any and all pigs are gonna get arras just as fast as we can nock’em![emoji23]

We reserve the right to go set in the boat trailer with his “new to us” .260 anytime we want, but the aforementioned is the plan so far. I’m so excited I can hardly set still…he had archery practice tonight, where we cranked up the bow some more, and practiced 15 and 20 yds. I’m going to get him broadheads tomorrow, put the quiver back on his bow, and have a sight lite, and nockturnals….very half assed video hopefully forthcoming.

Dude, I can’t wait for your reports. If he’s able to whack one with his bow that would be awesome but I’m looking forward to memories with the .260!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We are in, be headed out Friday after work.

Comment

Since I am much older now it makes me realize how important it is to teach our youth of all the things that go along with hunting. As you all know it’s not the killing it’s the precious time you get to spend with your kids in the deer blind and at camp. Good luck and I am looking forward to keeping up with this thread and y’all’s Kidd successful hunts.

Comment

Good luck Snoop and the rest of the kiddos....in to follow.

Comment

Youth weekend in Leon County was always the highlight of my deer season when my kids were young. Great weather, lots of “relaxed” game and lots of rutting activity.
                        My daughter always laughed and said “you are shaking more than me” after she shot!

Enjoy your kiddos.

BP

Comment

Some of the fellas around here were talking about kids first deers yesterday. I remember when Rylan killed his first deer. Now he brings home crappy beers from college and leaves it. And I KNOW me and momma raised a better beer drinker than busch

Good luck utes of TBH!!

Comment

My daughter is 4. I can't wait to get her out there next year.

Comment

In for this!

We've been out as much as we can since dove season opened and Kayden even got herself a gator!

Comment

Working...
                              X