You’re getting old when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re getting old when......

You’ve got some time on your hands driving through the “country”, decide to go a little out of your way to drive by a piece of ground you used to hunt back in the day to find an elementary school in the front hay meadow and houses where you’re feeder used to stand. Very strange feeling for me, cause this place used to be out in the sticks. But not anymore!

You know you’re getting up there when you can say “ I remember when this was all fields “. My kids will go to a school that stands on land their great grandfather plowed with mules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep there is a WalMart where I used to run the creek and fish.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Yep. Used to dove hunt in a field off Spurlock Rd in Nederland TX.. All subdivision now

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
            You know you’re getting up there when you can say “ I remember when this was all fields “. My kids will go to a school that stands on land their great grandfather plowed with mules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            I was just driving and told my daughter a whole are at he size of a small city was all woods and not even roads.

You know you're old when the oldest Google Earth pics are 15-20 years newer than you remember (which is around 1990 btw)

Comment

I hate developers. Buying my time till Alaska!

Comment

I live about 6/7 miles from where I lived as a teenager. I didn’t plan it that way, it just happened. Sometimes when I drive the backroads I see where I used to roam as a kid, (didn’t know who owned it-didn’t care, and neither did they), and I see where farmers used to grow watermelons, corn, tomatoes, and the like. All covered in double wides or 30 year old houses now. Time marches on.....

Comment

my mom has told me about how Northpark mall was built way out on the edge of town

Comment

I remember the house I grew up in back in GA being HUGE on a big plot out in the country, shortly before I moved to TX my wife and I were looking at rentals and we ended up at this tiny little 3 bedroom, barely 1000sq feet on a postage stamp suburban lot.

The house seemed really familiar even though it was so small and when we got to the kitchen I realized that was the house I grew up in!!

Comment

Remember when Tanger Outlet Mall on I-35 in San Marcos was in the middle of no where? Tons of woods driving to Austin and San Antonio. All one big city now!

View Google Earth 1995 to see. I bet the city lights view from space has changed a lot also.

Comment

I killed many deer in Austin what is now South Park Meadows.

Comment

Yep, when we moved to Lubbock in 1975, 82nd Street was a dirt road from Wolforth until you hit Indiana. Now it is homes and or business all the way out to Wolforth!

Heck, as a kid I use to dig for arrowheads along Bird Creek in Temple that was supposedly the sight of an Indian burial and battle called the Bird Creek Indian Battle. Now it is basically in the middle of Temple!

Comment

If you yearbook picture was on a stone tablet
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I killed many deer in Austin what is now South Park Meadows.
                              I surveyed most of that...And that was a long time ago LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X