No announcement yet.

Official 2022-2023 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Shawn! What's up? Good to see you post. Hope the Forrest Princess is doing well, along with her lil bro.

Comment

Kids are good and growing up way to fast!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all. Plan to get my dad out there a couple times the next few days. Hopefully he will get one. Maybe I can get another for the year.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Justin!

I'ma hoping this rain gives us some more lake fill. W lake has barely moved up. Same with A lake. Waco has had the biggest rise on the Brazos system, of about 1.5" since it started. That lake is over 11 foot low. We got lakes lower that that further down the river.

Comment

Pigs 1 justin 0. Had 8 hogs come out at 430 . Tucked one right behind the shoulder quartering away. All heck broke loose. Did not find the pig.

Comment

Sorry to hear. It happens, Justin. Especially with pigs when ground hunting. I try to shoot them 2/3rds to 3/4ths the way down. Their heart is low to the ground. And much smaller lungs than deer. You did good placing it tight to the shoulder. As tight as you can get without hitting shoulder or leg bone. And they don't bleed very well either, most of the time. Fat and/or arrows plug up the hole, unless you have a hole in the lower chest that is very low to the ground.

Comment

W lake has only come up about 3" since the rain started Wednesday. I was sure hoping for more. It's about 7.25 feet low now. A lake is not any better. The little shallow lake is still over 6 feet low.

The good news is: most all ACE lakes on the river systems have come up a little. Not much, but still a little.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-26-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Meat in the freazer! Got my hill county spike, 20 yard shot, ran about 80 before piling up. I worked my *** off for this deer, both moving around to find them for the last few weeks, then dragging it out....I'm too out of shape for that! Game cart in my future!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Dragging is type 2 fun for sure

Every time I cart one, I swear I'm going to start quartering deer.

Then every time I quarter one I fight keeping leaves, flies, and holding a leg in the air and wish I had the cart!

Comment

Congrats !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats GWH.

Comment

Congrats GWH!! Nice shot

Comment

Thanks gentlemen, looking for the big one now.

Comment

Congrats GR8. I got distracted by ducks but now that the split is here I'm going to get back on them.

Comment

The W lake level almost made it up 6". Need lots more rain. Last week's rain cut into my off time from work. But I'm happy to see it, both the off time and the rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X