Ant Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant Problem

Got these suckers showing up in one of my smaller pastures.

Any recommendations on what poison to use to send them on to ant heaven?

I remember years back them showing up on my parents old place outside Athens, my dad had a real hard time getting rid of them. He’s passed on now so I can’t ask him what it was he used to get them gone for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by MUZZYSLINGR; 11-02-2022, 10:31 AM.

Looks like leaf cutters. I don't think you can get rid of them, especially in a pasture. I've been trying to get rid of them in my yard in Corpus. Tried everything I can think of for 14 years. Everytime I think I've got them they show up in another part of the yard. Online searches are no help either.

Comment

Only thing that worked for me is pouring a little gas down the hole...doesn't kill them & they will pop up again, but I eventually ran them off.

Comment

Dominion 2L, but you have to drench the trails and the mound.

Comment

Is it me, or do those photos show actual pictures of ants? Cause I sure can't see them.

Are the mounds smaller than your hand?

Comment

termidor mixed as directed poured down the hole.

at night. Keel them while they sleep. Thats the morest important part

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              Is it me, or do those photos show actual pictures of ants? Cause I sure can't see them.

They only came out at night in my case & the mounds were most certainly bigger than a hand...look the same as the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                They only came out at night in my case & the mounds were most certainly bigger than a hand...look the same as the pics.
                That's mine too. Mostly active at night. I'm telling you guys. I have tried everything. Biden IT and gasoline knocks them down for a while but they come back.

Comment

If you have an Ant problem use Regent at 2oz per acre yearly or 5oz every 2 years. I believe at 2oz per acre cost around 16.00 per acre

Comment

We have Leaf Cutter ants all over our yard. I bought this from Amazon and use 1oz per gallon of water. Pout it all over the mound and directly in the hole and they die

Comment

I would think Lorsban would get them. And it would stay in the grass long enough to kill them when they ate it as well.

Comment

Only thing that has consistently worked for ants here has been Orthene. Stinky white power kills them pretty quickly. Unfortunately, they aren’t gone forever but it takes a good bit of time for the ants to return. This powder treatment along with some liquid stuff might knock’em back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

No the mounds are a lot bigger than my hand. There are a few more a lot bigger than the two I took the pics of. The ants are big and red.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips gang. I’ll give some of them a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X