No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew E-Post Waterfowl at Richland Creek WMA- Carl Frentress Unit!!! Got all excited until I informed my wife. Apparently my Daughter has an out of town Volleyball Tournament that weekend and we will have a 2 month old at that time. When originally applied, that weekend was free. But my daughter ended up getting put on a different team and some of the tournament dates changed. Just my luck. I would still be going too if it wasn't for the baby. I can't justify sending my wife and kids on an out of town tournament so I can go hunt ducks.

I already accepted the permit before clearing it with the Mrs. so there will be at least 1 standby spot open for the 1/13-15/23 weekend!

**** me and my poor planning. I was really pumped up about this draw too! I love duck hunting and I heard it's a great hunt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
      I drew National Refuge Exotic - Teniente today
      Congrats man!!! Good luck down there! I've hunted Laguna before. I'm sure it's similar. You should at the very least see some animals. But I think you'll get you one! How many points did you have?

Comment

All I have to say is, "Hello Standby" !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
          Just checked and we were only at 14 points on our selection for mulie at Matador. Guess we got lucky there. My son is drawn for 2, Javi at James Daughtry and GDE at Hill Country. Still have exotic and Turkey draws, but we’ve been blessed.
          Yes Sir, I'd call that a great drawing season. Now the fun begins.

Best of luck to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
            Congrats man!!! Good luck down there! I've hunted Laguna before. I'm sure it's similar. You should at the very least see some animals. But I think you'll get you one! How many points did you have?
            5 Points for Teniente draw

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              anyone else here on the Enchanted Rock archery hunt this week? I'm going down early tomorrow morning. It goes from tomorrow evening through Friday morning.
              Hunt started on the 18th. Nothing first evening. Nice 6-8 pt. came in yesterday evening but no shot available. Another smaller buck came in later, thought it was a 6. Made a shoulder shot on it, no blood at spot. Later several guys here helped me find it in the dark, lots of blood later on the trail, maybe 75 yds. away? Had to make another shot to finish him. At least we found it. It was actually a small rack 8-pt. Sorry, no pics because of time.
              Still here, hunt ends tomorrow. Pretty rough country down here around the park area.

Comment

Hunt started on the 18th. Nothing first evening. Nice 6-8 pt. came in yesterday evening but no shot available. Another smaller buck came in later, thought it was a 6. Made a shoulder shot on it, no blood at spot. Later several guys here helped me find it in the dark, lots of blood later on the trail, maybe 75 yds. away? Had to make another shot to finish him. At least we found it. It was actually a small rack 8-pt. Sorry, no pics because of time.
                Still here, hunt ends tomorrow. Pretty rough country down here around the park area.
                Glad the deer are moving there. I can see people hiking E-Rock from my deer lease and the deer have almost ghosted all the feeders due to acorns.

Comment

anyone else here on the Enchanted Rock archery hunt this week? I'm going down early tomorrow morning. It goes from tomorrow evening through Friday morning.
                  Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
                  Glad the deer are moving there. I can see people hiking E-Rock from my deer lease and the deer have almost ghosted all the feeders due to acorns.
                  some corn in the guts of this one but a lot of whole acorns too.

Comment

some corn in the guts of this one but a lot of whole acorns too.
                    What Blind number were you hunting? I hunted #10 on the West side of the Dome last year!

Comment

Just a little help for orientation. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_104119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	24696302

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                        What Blind number were you hunting? I hunted #10 on the West side of the Dome last year!

#5. No idea which direction though I was from the main road. Some rough country.

Comment

Pending

Still pending 2nd draw on E-Postcard Waterfowl/Pheasant and NWR Archery Exotic. When do they typically run the 2nd draw?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                            Still pending 2nd draw on E-Postcard Waterfowl/Pheasant and NWR Archery Exotic. When do they typically run the 2nd draw?
                            2nd draw will be the 28th. We have til the 27th to pay for permits

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              2nd draw will be the 28th. We have til the 27th to pay for permits

You want to throw away some more money and pay for these couple of permits or what? Let em go to another person and make their season? Tough decision. I don’t know what to do. Times tickin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching and waiting for a win on pending second draw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X