Mazda mechanics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda mechanics?

Got a 2006 Mazda 6 with around 130k, I posted about it a few months back. Since then I have replaced the fuel pump and filter, coil packs and spark plugs, MAF sensor and still having the same issue. When you start it cold it revs up and does about 3 times before it will stay running. After you get it to start and drive it, it wants to stall or not really take off from a stand still. It also stalls or doesn’t down shift or RPM up and take off if you need a little acceleration going up a hill or trying to pass someone or in a situation like that. I took it to a local mechanic and he said it was a faulty fuel pump that want pressuring up. Since I just replaced it I called the company I got it from and they sent me another, well, same issue. Anyone have any clue what this might be?

Check for recalls online….my daughter had a 09 tribute with a recall on something in the fuel system .

Comment

Check the hose going from the air filter to the intake.. Look for cracks or in you can put your hand down in there, will make it run lean as all get out.. wrap it in black tape if so and keep on driving

Comment

What are the codes.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          What are the codes.
          Code was for running lean

Comment

Originally posted by jbonney1986 View Post
            Code was for running lean
            P0171?
            Check for vacuum leak or something stuck in the mass air flow sensor.

Comment

P0171?
              Just put in a brand new mass air flow sensor

Comment

P0171?
                Can’t remember the code, the car belongs to my girlfriend and she said all she remembers is then telling her the code meant it was running lean

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas of where I should be looking?

Comment

Working...
                  X