No announcement yet.

Knee Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right knee TKR IN 2010 AGE 47. Hydrocodone is not always your friend will ease pain but will lock you up like Fort Knox. Takes the taper off both ends. Constipation was more painful than surgery...lol! knee is better know and just completed a mule deer hunt in New Mexico. Had one day that I logged 9.25 miles up and down rocky terrain. PT is a must and do what they tell you. When they told me that if I did not do what I was told that they would have to physically manipulate the scar tissue I took it to heart! Eventually will have to have my left one done also. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
      Darrell I couldn't get down on my knee even on carpet or even the bed. Was just too tender!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      For how long?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntnelmo View Post
        Right knee TKR IN 2010 AGE 47. Hydrocodone is not always your friend will ease pain but will lock you up like Fort Knox. Takes the taper off both ends. Constipation was more painful than surgery...lol! knee is better know and just completed a mule deer hunt in New Mexico. Had one day that I logged 9.25 miles up and down rocky terrain. PT is a must and do what they tell you. When they told me that if I did not do what I was told that they would have to physically manipulate the scar tissue I took it to heart! Eventually will have to have my left one done also. Good luck!
        We hunted around varmint contest over the weekend and probably walked 3 miles. Terrible as of now. Hard to run a business when it's hard to move your knee enough to you get in your truck. I'm gonna have to do something. Have an appointment with my family Dr tomorrow to get his feelings for my options.

Comment

Well over a year for me. Hydrocodone is a double edged sword [emoji57].
          Couldn't stand the pain without it But it does stop you up. Might as well take a laxative every time you take a pain pill. [emoji30]

Comment

Like Huntnelmo, PT is key I always did More than was asked.
            Have hunted Alaska twice, rainy, dead falls, slick rocks my new knee did great.

Comment

By the way, I'm a GOF.
              69 last August.

Comment

Took me 3 mos. to do anything in reason had me climbing stairs carrying 35 lbs at 4 mos. you will not like getting down on that knees for a long while you will just get down on other one. Setting in a squat is difficult until you get the range of motion back. One therapists told me to set on my tail gate everyday for 20 mins swinging my leg and going further and further after about a week I started adding five lbs weight to help the range of motion without baring my body weight. Wonderful exercise!! I got my knee back to max range of 137-140 can do anything I want. Just no more running!! It was probably 10 mos till I stopped thinking about the knee I never think about it know, play golf, climb ladders, feed feeders no jumping out of truck anymore.

Comment

The mule deer forky pic with my profile was killed in January 2012 my TKR was December 2010. You can watch videos of a TKR online. I watched several before my surgery. Was walking on it the day after surgery. Physical Therapist are special people...LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnelmo View Post
                    The mule deer forky pic with my profile was killed in January 2012 my TKR was December 2010. You can watch videos of a TKR online. I watched several before my surgery. Was walking on it the day after surgery. Physical Therapist are special people...LOL!
                    I did watch the TKR videos, that what has scared the hell out of me. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
                      Darrell I couldn't get down on my knee even on carpet or even the bed. Was just too tender!!!

Had both of mine done years ago......Still can't kneel on them....

Comment

I had mine done Dec 1st. Woke up in recover at 12:15 and was walking on it at 12:30. It was sore but did not hurt like it did before surgery. Been walkng without and crutches since the week before christmas and Its been great. Still have to take stairs slow but have not had any problems. My PT was done at my house for 10 visits. After being released its all done own my own at home.
                        Last edited by dac6933; 01-10-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I haven't had my knees done but I just had both of my hips done. Make dang sure you do your research on your doctor. I thought I had done all the research and my doctor dumped me 4 days before my second surgery saying it was too much work that needed to be done. Luckily I found another doctor that has been fantastic. Make sure you do your PT and push yourself. I've got a long road to recovery due to my hip problems but I feel a hundred times better than before the surgery.

Comment

My wife a had a knee replacement on her right knee on Dec 12 and is walking around the house with no pain. The doctor we used was Dr. Lionbergern in Houston. All I can say is this doctor is awesome and a Christian! He called her after 3 days to check on how she was doing. The PT is very important and critical in the recovery process. If you need his number just send me a pm and I'll get to you. Good luck.

Comment

Just did total knee replacement on 29 December on my left knee I was up walking Thursday afternoon stayed in the hospital till the first I did my right knee two years ago and did not have that good of results then due to the femoral block they did then that the doctor I just changed to do joint injections to the knee for pain it was a great experience for me I get my staples out on Thursday

Comment

Not to scare you but my 75 year old mother just recovered from her 10th knee surgery in 6 years. Knee keeps getting infected and they have to replace it. Hope this is the last one for her sake.

Comment

Working...
                                X