Rod and Reel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod and Reel Question

I bought a bay boat from a guy off here in July. My wife has really enjoyed the saltwater fishing. Last time we went I handed her a pole and she said “is this one mine”. I said sure. My question is: do any of you know where I can find her a rod and reel that looks “girly” that she can call hers! All of my current reels are Lews. I would like to stay in the $300-$400 price range. You saltwater guys can probably point me in the right direction, I am fairly new the salt game! Any help is greatly appreciated!

My wife uses either her pink or teal Waterloo rod, reels are 2500 Diawa bg. Of course I put pink Fins wind tamer braid on her reels too.

Comment

Checkout the Concept TXZ reels. They could be considered a "girly" color I guess. I won one in a fishing tournament and I really like it, ultra smooth and can cast a mile. TFO makes a rod that is a very similar color to the reel as well.

Comment

Do you mean a spin cast? Those are girly.

Comment

Thanks for the leads! Sorry, I did not clarify. It needs to be a spinning reel.

Comment

Pretty sure shimano makes some white reels. Penn has some with gold spools.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
              Checkout the Concept TXZ reels. They could be considered a "girly" color I guess. I won one in a fishing tournament and I really like it, ultra smooth and can cast a mile. TFO makes a rod that is a very similar color to the reel as well.
              I have looked at these spinning reels but no one seems to have the seafoam color available. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I knew was a spin cast when you said girly. Just get one that is different from the rest and designate that one as hers. I can’t speak for your wife but mine likes good gear like I use and she does not like pink stuff. She thinks it’s patronizing and won’t use it.

Comment

I’ve killed some big tuna and wahoo on girly spin tackle. I’d just let her find something that fits her hand and balances for her.

Comment

My wife has a white and purple fishstix coastal pursuit with a silver Diawa laguna spinning reel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at the castaway rods Lady smoker series.right around 100.00 and they are having a sale online. Rod will be pink and you cand add her name if you would like to personalize it. They ship or you can pick up in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                        Glad to hear that. I just bought one for my girlfriend. I’m tired of her out fishing me w my old gear...

Comment

Chick rod and a penn battle or fierce

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Get her some matching line

Comment

Working...
                            X