Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    Update....
    The son called my Mom a little while ago and told her whoever stole all the stuff needs to get it back out there or they were calling the Sheriff. She told him that it hasn't been stolen, it has been secured, until the will is probated to protect the financial interests of both her family and ours. She told him that I would meet him out there 4pm if he felt like he needed to discuss it with me. He responded that he didn't know the will hadn't been probated (.....really......) and didn't really see any point in coming out there to talk to me.

My mother and I meet with the attorney at 11am Tuesday morning.
    Do they know you are a Marine and can open a can of whoopazz using only one hand? I would be walking softly and speaking softly and minding my p's 'n q's if I were them. Hope everything goes smoothly and is uneventful.

Comment

For the record, this is inaccurate information.
      Actually it is not. An executor can charge for his or her time, the proceeds to be paid out of the estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
        Actually it is not. An executor can charge for his or her time, the proceeds to be paid out of the estate.
        All the executor is doing is administering the will. They could get everything or nothing depends on what’s in the will. I am the executor of a will and will receive a fee for my time but I am not a beneficiary.

Comment

Press charges for theft.
          Lock up your stuff and protect it. Put up cans for evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
            Yes, an executor can charge a fee for distributing the estate. Generally a family member does not.

The poster said, "And since your the executor you get more money than they do." That statement is not accurate. The will determines the assets that the heirs receive, including the executor, if the executor is also an heir.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Sounds like your mom handled it perfectly.
              Word. Good job Mom.

The whole thing smells of entrapment. Expect them other folk to bring up this instance before the judge. Petty is as petty does.

Comment

Just read through this after searching log splitters. How did it turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  Just read through this after searching log splitters. How did it turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Not sure but the OP may have one for sale......

Comment

Y’all did right on securing assets until will probates
                    Hopefully will lays out personal property items on how they are conveyed
                    Good luck OP

Comment

In for the follow-up.

Comment

Sounds like one mell of a hess! We wish y’all well and hope everyone involved can be civil!

Micheal

Comment

Not sure if this would cover your behind in some manner, but throwing the idea out there.
                          Can you take the side by side and splitter to a shop to be serviced ( oil change, belt, spark plugs)? This way they’re off site and it’s just being worked on. No need to say anything unless pressed, but it may buy you time.
                          I know some people who took their grandpas truck in to have it serviced, kind of a no rush thing to buy a little time and keep grandkids from driving off with it.

Edit-And now I read the whole post…
                          Last edited by Txtourist; 09-20-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
                            Not sure if this would cover your behind in some manner, but throwing the idea out there.
                            Can you take the side by side and splitter to a shop to be serviced ( oil change, belt, spark plugs)? This way they’re off site and it’s just being worked on. No need to say anything unless pressed, but it may buy you time.
                            I know some people who took their grandpas truck in to have it serviced, kind of a no rush thing to buy a little time and keep grandkids from driving off with it.
                            This was over a year ago. Think it was just brought back up out of curiosity to see if there was an update to how everything turned out.

Comment

Man I am also curious

Comment

In for an update as well. I lost my Father in June. My Mother is still alive, but our family has issues as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X