Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    Not the same thing at all.

Just something to keep in mind, it is hard to stop, unclip, push off, clip back in and go. AGAIN, I do that, its the law, I get it.

Now take 50 riders all trying to stop, unclip and so on, its where most of the wrecks happen on the road within groups.

just FYI
    Still no reason to be a jerk & run the stop sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
      If you’re riding for exercise why do you buy the lightest easiest to pedal bike you can afford? Get you a Wal Mart special. Won’t have to ride near as long to be flat worn out. Good point but alot of people like to measure their average speeds and improve them.

Last year I started out around 19mph AVG, I hit 21mph AVG rides by the end of 2020

My biggest complaint about bike riders, just because they make the shorts in 2xl doesn’t mean you should wear them. There are some big boys out there riding in some tight clothes. We don’t need to see that.
      That is true hahaha But hey, they are trying to get some exercise in.

I wear mine as tight as I can, the reason being, if you have clothes flapping on you for 3 hrs straight you are going to have some burning skin when you finish, plus it reduces drag.

Comment

its exactly the same, its inconvenient to stop same with cars lets see I speed everywhere cause it takes longer to get places if I drive teh speed limit see what i did there, making excuses for breaking the law sound familiar

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
          its exactly the same, its inconvenient to stop same with cars lets see I speed everywhere cause it takes longer to get places if I drive teh speed limit see what i did there, making excuses for breaking the law sound familiar
          I'm not saying it is legal, i'm not.

I still think its not comparing apple to apples.

I started this out with saying I do see both sides. You are not wrong. I can't argue that.

I can only speak for how I ride and act. I obey every traffic stop and do my absolute best to stay away from cars when I ride solo.

In a group, I cannot say I don't roll with the group is the leader chose to roll it. Will I get a ticket? Yep, just like you can get one for doing 36 in a 35.

Comment

I don’t think any cyclist will argue that they shouldn’t have to take their turn at a stop sign. They absolutely should and anyone who doesn’t is a jerk. But complaining because they don’t come to a complete stop is probably just an angry person to begin with. It’s actually helping the flow of traffic.

Some red lights have pressure sensors that cyclists won’t trigger, and thus they will never get a green light. It’s not always clear which lights are like that. As such you will see cyclists go through a red light when the intersection is clear to do so.

It’s true that there are some cyclists out there making a bad name for the rest of them. But the majority are conscious of not impeding traffic and choosing the safest route they can.

I personally made the decision so stop cycling recently just because I felt like it was getting to the point of being when, not if, I was going to get hit. Look around when you drive and I’d guess over 50% of people are on their phone. Add to that the attitude some have towards cyclists (as seen here on this thread as well), and I didn’t want my kids to grow up without a dad because I liked to ride bikes.

Comment

This is a fun thread to read!

Some of y'all are crazy.

Comment

People will speed up just to brush right against me on a FOUR lane road and I am as close to the right hand shoulder as possible.
                Most of my riding is solo so I don't have to mess with the groups and what they are doing. So most the time I'm out there solo, out the way of traffic and doing my best to stay away from cars. What is the worst feeling, you are doing what you can and you still have people come up next to you and start swerving at you, cursing at you. It's not a good feeling when they can win very easily. I'm the one vulnerable and that's a rough place to be in. Those who hate us, try to think if the position is swapped. Especially one single bike
                LOL, these 2 statements directly contradict each other. If you are on a 4 lane road with a shoulder and NOT in the shoulder you are 100% not doing your best to stay away from cars. I'd also bet you can go nowhere near the speed limit on that 4 lane road. Get in the shoulder and then maybe you can try to claim to be doing the best you can. Again, it isn't rocket surgery. You sound like the one everyone is talking about on this thread, tights and all.

Or if you are that vulnerable and want to come cry on here with the woe is me, you may want to consider a peloton. At least then you won't have to flip flop like a fish out of water whether you obey the traffic laws or not. But hey who gives a **** about the traffic laws when you and your 50 other buddies may have to take a little time to stop, unclip, clip back in or whatever they heck you were complaining about as a reason to break the law. Again, if it is that dang hard find another place to ride where you don't screw up traffic. But of course I'm sure y'all are doing your best and riding single file whether it is 2 or 50. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                  LOL, these 2 statements directly contradict each other. If you are on a 4 lane road with a shoulder and NOT in the shoulder you are 100% not doing your best to stay away from cars. I'd also bet you can go nowhere near the speed limit on that 4 lane road. Get in the shoulder and then maybe you can try to claim to be doing the best you can. Again, it isn't rocket surgery. You sound like the one everyone is talking about on this thread, tights and all.

Or if you are that vulnerable and want to come cry on here with the woe is me, you may want to consider a peloton. At least then you won't have to flip flop like a fish out of water whether you obey the traffic laws or not. But hey who gives a **** about the traffic laws when you and your 50 other buddies may have to take a little time to stop, unclip, clip back in or whatever they heck you were complaining about as a reason to break the law. Again, if it is that dang hard find another place to ride where you don't screw up traffic. But of course I'm sure y'all are doing your best and riding single file whether it is 2 or 50. LOL.

There is alot of business 290 that is 4 lanes and no shoulder.

Comment

It's a "shoulder" but it's like maybe a foot and a half wide.

Has a ton of cracks where the asphalt breaks off on the edge of the road. They are redoing it though!

Comment

This is a never ending discussion(argument). Took up riding my bike 30+ years ago when I lived in Austin. Wore out the bike lane up and down 360.

Having said that I don't have a lot of sympathy for folks riding down the middle of a two lane impeding traffic, not obeying traffic signs and generally being an A**. That goes for people in cars as well.

Too many distracted drivers and people that they anger by impeding for me to want to be on the road these days. I give the bikes as much room as I can. Those that put themselves at risk as just plain crazy. The bike always looses.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        I know where the trails are but trying to ride a bike 20+ mph on a trail with people walking their dogs on a leash is kinda like driving a car on a road with cyclist.
                        See the irony there, though? Cyclists don't want to ride crowded trails and be the ones who're responsible for avoiding collisions with people and dogs, but don't have an issue expecting cars to do the same when they're riding unsafe roads.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post

lol who’s crying?

Comment

Working...
                          X