No announcement yet.

6.5 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my 1st and tried out 3 different rounds. The ELD-M and ELD-X shot great. The Hornady whitetail 129grain did not shoot well for me.

Comment

Hornady 140 grain match.

Comment

Given the times we're in, grab a box or two of different grains/brands and see what the gun likes. Hopefully the ammo manufacturers will be back closer to "normal" before hunting season.

I've had a CM for close to 10 years and shot everything from the ELD-x down to 100gr Barnes (my current load) and they all work.

One word of caution on the ELD-x....great round on larger game (oryx, elk, mule deer, etc.) but I'm not a fan of it on Texas sized WT. I personally saw multiple instances with pencil size holes, little blood and a couple of lost animals. Not saying it's a bad bullet, I've killed 2 oryx and my son killed a cull elk with the ELD-x. I just think there are much better bullets for WT, hogs, etc.

Comment

I’ve dropped a hog with 85gr-160gr ammo. It’s a Creedmoor. Find ammo and use it. Proper shot placement and as the Good Book says, “it is finished...l

Comment

What brand rifle?

Comment

What kind of Leupold are you looking for? I have a new one for sale. PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                What brand rifle?
                Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                  What kind of Leupold are you looking for? I have a new one for sale. PM me if interested.
                  Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                  X