Purchased new gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    Same here! And, as far as I’m concerned, it should be up to the seller (assuming you bought from a retailer or direct from the manufacturer) to resolve any issues related to records-keeping, registrations, or warranties and guarantees tied to serial numbers.

This said, I think it’s important to note that, although you may spend a little more, you’re better off trading with an independent, locally owned gun store, where even if they don’t remember your name, they recognize your face, rather than shopping at a mass-market retail store where, although you may save a few bucks, their commitment to customer service is limited to the conformity and egalitarianism imposed by the inflexibility of their rules as prescribed by the corporate office.

In my case, I’ve taken it a step further and made it a point to cultivate a relationship with the owners and staff of my favorite local gun shop. In fact, it’s no coincidence that my hair salon is right next door so that every time I get my roots touched up, my hair glossed, or my brows waxed (and, d***, no matter how long I’ve been doing this, it still hurts like a MF’r!), I make it a point to stop in and say, “Hi! Got anything new I haven’t seen yet?” And here’s an important post script, although I may not buy something every time I stop in, I believe it’s because of my regular “check-ins” that they’ve also begun holding back the ammo they know I need when it comes in! Well, that and my dazzling new highlights.)

Weber’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoy it

Comment

It's a Ruger so it doesn't hurt the value. They aren't worth very much anyway Kinda like my Savages.

Comment

It’s a 10-22. A tool to use in the field. I would let it go. Enjoy it. Those things are sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sand it out the best you can, have a bad to the bone cerakote job done on it, and carry on, you'll never notice.

Comment

I'd clean that up with a file then color the bare metal with a black sharpie.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If a manufacturer okays an exchange with an ffl then yes they can and should exchange it. I’ve done it twice as long as the dealer has the same gun to replace it with. The process is simple and I know most have “heard” or “read” that once you submit signature on 4473 it’s yours...etc. It is truly simple, contact ruger and let them know the situation. More often then not if the manufacturer ok’s the exchange you simply take the rifle back to dealer exchange it, fill out another 4473 and then the dealer sends back defective firearm to manufacturer and in turn gets reimbursement. Beretta And Winchester are the ones I’ve had experience with. I will also note that both transactions took place locally. Also one ffl dealer was pretty stubborn about it basically just wanted to be right about their perspective until beretta made contact with them to ok it.

Comment

The problem lies in where he bought the gun. He bought it from Bud's and I am assuming he had it shipped to a local dealer. Who probably only charged a transfer fee. It's not right to expect him to do all the extra work when the gun wasn't bought from him. Unless you are paying him for his time and trouble.

Comment

My opinion is that once you left FFL you lost all claim to damaged from factory.

Shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      The problem lies in where he bought the gun. He bought it from Bud's and I am assuming he had it shipped to a local dealer. Who probably only charged a transfer fee. It's not right to expect him to do all the extra work when the gun wasn't bought from him. Unless you are paying him for his time and trouble.
                      Yes sir.as I mentioned above my experience with this has been local. Online orders should always be inspected by the buyer. That falls solely on transferee and the seller and shall never be the responsibility of the ffl doing a transfer.

Comment

Every time I have bought a gun and had it transferred my FFL highly encouraged me to do a very thorough inspection BEFORE filling out the 4473 and taking possession of the gun.

Things get much more complicated after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a high $ competition pistol . it comes with 3 magazines , 2 of them had bluing issues , so i emailed them... never heard back from them , no comment , no F-u .. nothing , except for the original automated response ..thanks for contacting us! so i know they got it .. now it doesn't affect operation , but i'm kinda like you an obvious flaw is an obvious flaw ... i guess in my case they assume the mags will take a beating anyways .. but that's not the point! it's like getting a new car with rock chips in the paint ... it's gonna happen , but they shouldn't be there when brand new!

Comment

Strip it down, stone it down a little with a fine round file, put a little cold blue on it and you’ll never see it again. It’s a 10-22 not a $5000 custom.

Comment

Sharpie and forget about it. No offense at all, it’s a .22 semi auto. Only the owner would even notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                                Strip it down, stone it down a little with a fine round file, put a little cold blue on it and you’ll never see it again. It’s a 10-22 not a $5000 custom.
                                cold blue works on steel as controlled oxidation , this is a aluminum receiver , won't work I don't think.. sharpie will do the trick though.

Comment

Working...
                                X