So Sad

Comment

Here's another article.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Which one?

OnXhunt

Comment

OnX is on camofire today. Decided to pull the trigger and get if myself. Shows up on there every couple of weeks for $40 off retail. Or if you get it from the OnX website there are promo codes for 20% off. Randy, elktalk, elk101 are a few of the codes.

Edit: The $40 off is the 50 state map app. If you just want Texas it's only $17.99 on camofire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Roger; 01-05-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I have Onx and only problem is you have to have phone service in order for it to know your location. Most of the country that I hunt has no service.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

If you download map of your hunting area you don’t need service. Basemap is the same as onX and it is much cheaper.

Comment

I've been completely turned around at night. Thankfully our place is 230 acres with a county road breaking it into two pastures. I've been "lost" but never "hopelessly lost." Sad, sad story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  I have Onx and only problem is you have to have phone service in order for it to know your location. Most of the country that I hunt has no service.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  Well dang. I don’t have service where I hunt. That was my reason for getting the app

Comment

Second Basemap, cheaper and much better overall product. OnX just has been in the game longer and received big money which was spend in buying every hunter influencer and group in the industry. Literally own 90% of the marketing industry.

HuntStand is another good app
                    Huntwise I know nothing about it but another option
                    GAIA or something like that people swear by.

Basemap or OnX

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Well dang. I don’t have service where I hunt. That was my reason for getting the app

OnX just like basemap will allow you to zoom in an area and download the map. Then when you go to your area without cell service you will still have mapping capabilities.

I won't use OnX for personal reasons after using it for years. However, I do truly believe that Basemap is a better product at this time. HuntStand may actually be the best app on the market but it is too complicated for most hunters that are impatient and not technically savvy.

Regardless, of any app I have hunted in extreme cold temperatures when my phone would not stay on. I always carry a compass and know which direction I need to travel to get back home. Not good to stake your life on an electric device that can fail, dropped/broken, and in general rely on one thing to get home. Backups are key unless you have been taught woodsmen skills...I don't have woodsmen skills or know my stars etc to direct me
                      Last edited by Beargrasstx; 01-05-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Not worth it for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          2X.

Been lost before too, not a good feeling, especially in the dark. I have a compass now in unfamiliar territory. Take a bearing before leaving out.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            All I use is a Garmin GPS ($99) and a compass for years. I don't use a trail and try to take a slightly different path each time I hunt so I don't make a trail. It brings me right to my stand each and every time and then back to the road I started on. All at night. Mostly, where I hunt, there is no phone service.
                            For those that use the phone map, how does the phone know where you are, where you are going, when there is no service?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              All I use is a Garmin GPS ($99) and a compass for years. I don't use a trail and try to take a slightly different path each time I hunt so I don't make a trail. It brings me right to my stand each and every time and then back to the road I started on. All at night. Mostly, where I hunt, there is no phone service.
                              For those that use the phone map, how does the phone know where you are, where you are going, when there is no service?

Sounds like the Garmin is a better deal. Thanks.

Comment

AntlerInsanity

AntlerInsanity does not cost me any thing. I have the maps of my location on it as to where exactly I'm at. I then zoom out or scroll around to see where I might need to go. It works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X