If you were high school/college age in the 1970's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff!

As te Doobie Brothers would sing............. whoaaa ahhh ohhhhh listen to the music.

Comment

Lou Roney, a member of the San Antonio Radio Hall of Fame, used to play this song, as well as a lot of Captain Beyond, on KMAC. Grew up in Austin. The music I listened to in the 70s was KMAC am out of SA. My 3 speed Mustang didn't have fm radio or air conditioning, and I needed a haircut.

Comment

hands down the best era ever. many born in the 90's will even agree.

soooo many great bands. i dont even know where to start. ill listen some nearly forgotten.
        thin lizzy
        looking glass
        ambrosia
        fog hat
        gordon lightfoot
        king harvest
        bros johnson

take a stroll down memory lane.

Comment

SRS 81 rule !!!!
          I had my share of 8 tracks and cassettes. Making speaker boxes and putting them behind the truck seat. You had to have a radar detector. Mainly to let you know when the local pd was close so you could hide your beer. Yeah, drinking beer in the high school parking lot , watching everyone cruise by.

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
            Watch this one Stevie Knicks and Fleetwood Mac doing Rhiannon

Fleetwood Mac - RHIANNON Live on the Midnight Special 1976 - YouTube
            That voice put ****ography to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I've still got a 8-track/AM/FM Stereo player I bought back in the '76, and a bunch of tapes. And a bunch of LPs from the 60s and 70s, mostly 70s. Some are demos that never made air.

I remember when FM became real popular in the mid-cities back in the early 70s. There was nothing else like it on the radio. Just a hand full of stations. But only one Rock station that changed names. Riders On The Storm was the most popular song on it at that time. Few years later and it changed to another radio station that made history for the area. Then got put out of business by one called Q102.
              Somewhere in a box somewhere in my attic I still have a Q102 "Album Rock" bumper sticker and a KZEW "THE ZOO" bumper sticker.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2554.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	24617155

I never went to ZooWorld 1....

I never walked into a concrete column, in front of the KZEW booth, distracted by a female.

Charley Jones never laughed till he peed , at me making a fool of myself.

Ahhh, the good days of past.

Comment

I remember Doug Kershaw get a bigger roar from the crowd sitting on the edge of stage changing a couple of fiddle strings he had shredded while playing than many of the acts got performing.

Comment

The Midnight Special was great! That was back when Saturday Night Live was actually funny, IMO!

Comment

Wow Flashback. Graduated hi school in 72, took 6 years but graduated college in 78. Grew up with the Midnight Special, wolf man Jack and lots of awesome counterculture music of the time. Driving around all night smoking pot listening to a super cool station out of Jackson Ms. Pink Floyd, the stones, T rex, Doors, Beatles ...list is much too long. Snorting coke till daylight drinking scotch listening to Led Zeppelin on vinyl . Tripping on mushrooms all night long driving around the lease playing 8 tracks on ear bleed. Pretty wild times. Course the conventional wisdom is there was no hope for us stoners listening to the devil music. Ha! Everything worked out just fine. The music was awesome back then!

Comment

I just spent a couple hours watching videos and reminiscing. Brought back lots of memories!

Comment

We have tickets to see Charlie Daniels and Marshall Tucker in Hutto in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s another favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                              hands down the best era ever. many born in the 90's will even agree.

soooo many great bands. i dont even know where to start. ill listen some nearly forgotten.
                              thin lizzy
                              looking glass
                              ambrosia
                              fog hat
                              gordon lightfoot
                              king harvest
                              bros johnson

take a stroll down memory lane.
                              You are not wrong in the greatest era prolly but our list vastly differ!

Comment

Loved me some Midnight special.... that, MASH and Monty Python were my main sources of entertainment!

Comment

Working...
                                X