Rifle case for airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle case for airlines

Looks like I will be making a trip to Wyoming for antelope in October. For yall that have flown with your rifles what brands and such do yall like? I really think I want a double if possible. Thanks

I have been using SKB cases for a long time no issues so far

Comment

I have SKB and Pelican, and I prefer the Pelican. I've taken it on several trips all over the world and it's been terrific.

Comment

I have always used a Boyt. Would have no issues with Pelican or similar.

Comment

any decent quality hard case is fine. just don't use the super flimsy ones

Comment

Americase double safari case.

Comment

I have an skb, a pelican and a rtic. I like the single wide but double skb the best. Next would be rtic.

If you're anywhere near me I can show you all 3

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                Americase double safari case.
                This one is super durable and protective, but too heavy imo.

Comment

I wouldn't have any qualms put 2 of my rifles in the wheeled head cases I bought art Academy. Seems like they were about $110. Look to be made by Plano. I have 2 - one's black, the other is gray. Latches on each end & 3 down the front.

Comment

What I used when we flew to Alaska. Alaska Airline told us, as long as someone can't get their fingers inside with it locked it is good.

Plano All Weather 2 Scoped Rifle/Shotgun Case, AW2 Gun Case, 36" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7ZMKZF..._fDm4CbJDC9T08

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Found a lightly used skb on Ebay for 75 plus shipping. Couldn't pass on it. Thanks guys

Comment

My wife bought me a SKB, a few years ago. It's a very nice case. As for flying with a gun. Leaving Texas and Wyoming should be no big deal. Some other states farther west, different story. We flew out of Austin last year, I kind of expected some body being a pain over the idea, of me taking a gun on the plane. Southwest people acted like I was just carrying another piece of luggage, not a problem in the world. But on the trip back, we left from Salt Lake City Utah, that was a whole different deal. The woman that inspected our luggage there, made a big scene. I am really surprised I did not wind up in handcuffs. She was fuming mad. She had two other security guys stand in front of me, with their hands on their guns and would not let me get close to her, as she tried to destroy my gun case. I kept trying to tell her I had the key and kept trying to get close enough, to give her the key. She put her right hand on her gun and told me to back up. While I am standing there shaking the key to the lock. She had the other two trying to move me back. While I am trying to explain, I have the key and to not destroy my gun case or the lock. None of them were listening to what I was saying. They just went full wacko liberal on me. Eventually they realized I had the key, I picked out the key for the lock and said that's the key for the lock. One of the two other security guards had to take the keys and hand them to the *****. She then started trying ever key on my key chain. While I am trying to tell her which key is the correct key. Again she was not listening and make a big deal out of it. Acting like I did not have the key for the case and she was going to break it open. I just pushed past the two clowns, went over to the *****. Took the keys, picked out the correct key and said that is the key you need. She finally got it open looked at it, huffed a few times and stuffed the gun back in the case. Made a complete wreck of all our luggage. I was really afraid of what she was going to do when she got to my ammo box. I told her where the ammo box was she pulled it out, looked at it and threw it back in the bag and I was expecting a bit of a hassle in Austin. I would assume you will either fly into Denver Colorado or Casper Wyoming. Hopefully for you Casper. If you have to fly out of Denver, you might have a fun time trying to leave.
                        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-19-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Explorer cases, I have put mine through hell been on countless flights and has always taken care of my gear. Had somebody try to get into the gun case while flying through Atlanta, they were unsuccessful and the case only had minor cosmetic damage. https://www.explorercases.net/

Comment

My son and I flew to Montana for or hunt last year. Guns were in Pelican and Bison locking gun case. No issues.

Comment

RTIC makes a pretty good one and way less of a cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X