Glock 20 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock 20 Question

I just acquired a Glock 20 with a built in laser, how do I know what generation this model is? Also I'd like to set it up with a red dot but I don't see where or how to mount one.

Thanks for any help.

Post a pic.

If it’s a gen 4, slide should say Gen 4.

If it does not say Gen 4, but has finger grooves, more than likely Gen 3.

For a red dot, you’ll need to get the slide cut for one.

Comment

Here is a pic of my Glock 20
      Attached Files

Comment

It’s a Gen 3

Comment

The slide will have to be milled to mount a reflex sight, if you want to mount it low. There are mounts that use the rear dovetail but I have no idea if they are available for a Glock. At any rate I wouldn’t use one.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              The slide will have to be milled to mount a reflex sight, if you want to mount it low. There are mounts that use the rear dovetail but I have no idea if they are available for a Glock. At any rate I wouldn’t use one.
              Does Glock sell replacement slides that are optic ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
                Does Glock sell replacement slides that are optic ready?

They do but the red dot still sits up a little higher because of the adapter plate.

I would just buy an aftermarket slide already milled for the optic. The RMR cut is by far the most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There’s a company in San Antonio called Empire Google empire glocks and it will show up
                  They do really good work specialize in glocks pretty good prices also

Comment

Originally posted by Cycloneb View Post
                    There’s a company in San Antonio called Empire Google empire glocks and it will show up
                    They do really good work specialize in glocks pretty good prices also
                    Thanks for the info, seems like too much trouble to get this gun the way I want to so I may sell it or trade it for a revolver that is scope ready.

Comment

Thanks for the info, seems like too much trouble to get this gun the way I want to so I may sell it or trade it for a revolver that is scope ready.
                      You could trade foe a Glock 40. It’s just like the 20 except a longer slide/barrel. I have one one of them as well as a 20. The G40 is a fun gun !

Comment

Personally I would dump the laser and get a slide already milled.

I saw Aim Surplus had slides for under $200 already milled for an RMR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Personally I would dump the laser and get a slide already milled.

I saw Aim Surplus had slides for under $200 already milled for an RMR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                          Good to know Mike.

Comment

Working...
                          X