Anyone ever sold a timeshare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever sold a timeshare?

I have a timeshare with Hyatt Residence Club that I don't get to use as often as I had anticipated. Looking to try and sell it but was curious if anyone has ever done this and have any tips or things I need to be aware of in terms of transferring the deed, costs, etc...

Have you spoken to Hyatt yet? No telling how it is set up in the fine print . I have a college friend who had a good experience but most dont when attempting to cut the cord.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a guy that built a very profitable business getting people out of them. He doesn't do it any more, but apparently it can be a booger.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Have you spoken to Hyatt yet? No telling how it is set up in the fine print . I have a college friend who had a good experience but most dont when attempting to cut the cord.

Yes I’ve started the process. I don’t know the full details as of yet but I do know they have a buy back program and first right of refusal. They basically offered me no monetary value but said they would cancel my contract at no charge. Also, if I decide to sell it to someone else, they get an opportunity to match the offer before I can sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are people who get you out for a living. I hear the commercials on radio.

Comment

For the record, I can “get out” if I want. I’m referring to selling to another person if they see value in it.

Comment

Sounds like it's doable in your case, but only if you can find someone willing to pay money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                Yes I’ve started the process. I don’t know the full details as of yet but I do know they have a buy back program and first right of refusal. They basically offered me no monetary value but said they would cancel my contract at no charge. Also, if I decide to sell it to someone else, they get an opportunity to match the offer before I can sell it.

U have a "good" one from what I hear about the industry.....but it is Hyatt!!![emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  U have a "good" one from what I hear about the industry.....but it is Hyatt!!![emoji106]

Yes, I do feel like it is a "good" one also. Like i stated in my original post, i just don't get to use it like I want. My kids are ate the age where we are involved in everything and we travel for all their events. Those end up being my vacations.

Comment

I get calls pretty often from companies that want to buy mine for more than I paid for it, 7 years ago. I know it's a scam, but I can't figure out how it exactly works.

I have found one place that I think is legit. www.sellmytimesharenow.com

I have not listed mine. If I do, I think I will use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I get calls pretty often from companies that want to buy mine for more than I paid for it, 7 years ago. I know it's a scam, but I can't figure out how it exactly works.

I have found one place that I think is legit. www.sellmytimesharenow.com

I have not listed mine. If I do, I think I will use them.
                      Thanks, I will check them out.

Comment

Working...
                      X