Arlington Firefighter killed in Cancun at resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sure you have all seen the headlines. Its a sad deal.

Obviously the government down there wants to keep it as low key as possible and is not releasing any details. Wont even release the resort that it happened at.

Initially said that he drowned but a lawyer hired by the family obtained photos showing evidence of beating and possible suffocation.

A group of us (also FF) are leaving to go there monday. Ive never been uncomfortable in the half dozen trips weve taken down there but im a little uneasy after this.

What resort was he at?

Comment

I saw this. Truly disturbing

Comment

I travel alot and wouldnt let it worry you on this trip. Lots of folks have stuff happen in US everyday. In the future book trips on islands. Island life is different.

Comment

I don’t understand why Americans keep going to places like that. There are so many places here to see, I just don’t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
            I don’t understand why Americans keep going to places like that. There are so many places here to see, I just don’t get it.

Because it’s a beautiful place and a fun vacation nearby. You can’t see that beach and water here.

It’s no more dangerous than any major city in the USA

Comment

Not to be rude, but was he targeted or something because he was a firefighter? I highly doubt it, so not sure why it would make you feel uncomfortable cuz you’re a FF?

I don’t know any of the details regarding it, but I’m just saying I worked as a medic/FF since 09 and I know many of my buddies that would definitely get themselves into trouble no matter where they go.

Comment

Lynn. I just spent a few weeks at Isla Mujeres. I understand people with 27 years working the street. I feel good enough there that my wife goes shopping by herself and to the beach etc. Houston, Dallas, New Orleans negative- I go with her and just watch as I dont go shopping etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  Not to be rude, but was he targeted or something because he was a firefighter? I highly doubt it, so not sure why it would make you feel uncomfortable cuz you’re a FF?

I don’t know any of the details regarding it, but I’m just saying I worked as a medic/FF since 09 and I know many of my buddies that would definitely get themselves into trouble no matter where they go.
                  I prob shouldnt have mentioned that we were also. Its irrelevant. Not targeted, obviously.

Comment

Mexico is off limits for me plus I just hate it down there. I'm with Lynn21, It was ok in the 70's and 80's but sucks now.

Comment

Very sad ordeal for anyone. Arlington Local is asking for privacy and respect for the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Cancun this spring and it was awesome and I felt more safe there than lots of other places. Also Troy Aikman and the senior class from Dallas Episcopal was there at the same resort. If Cancun was such a rough place do you think that crowd would go there??

My guess is the most likely scenario is this guy was into something shady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by RJK70; 07-23-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          Because I love Mexico.

And Because I've already been to every state in the western US and Canada. But mostly cause I ain't afraid of the hype

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                            I went to Cancun this spring and it was awesome and I felt more safe there than lots of other places. Also Troy Aikman and the senior class from Dallas Episcopal was there at the same resort. If Cancun was such a rough place do you think that crowd would go there??

My guess is the most likely scenario is this guy was into something shady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Oh boy, here we go with conspiracy theories.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

cancun

Mexico is no joke! not safe at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X