Things to do in Seattle and Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Seattle and Vancouver

I'm heading to Seattle for work in Aug, going to stay a few extra days then drive up to Vancouver for a few days and fly home from there.. any recommendations would be helpful! I'll do Pikes for sure, I'd like to go catch some salmon to send home as well. I bought my mom a ticket to join me in Seattle after my work event is over so hiking Mt Si might be out of the cards on this trip

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    I'm heading to Seattle for work in Aug, going to stay a few extra days then drive up to Vancouver for a few days and fly home from there.. any recommendations would be helpful! I'll do Pikes for sure, I'd like to go catch some salmon to send home as well. I bought my mom a ticket to join me in Seattle after my work event is over so hiking Mt Si might be out of the cards on this trip

Go see Mt St Helens

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
      Go see Mt St Helens
      I was totally thinking about doing that.. thanks!

Comment

First thing on the list.
        Leave seattle

Comment

Vancouver Island is amazing. Tons of hot women all over downtown Vancouver. Like really hot. Better than Dallas, Houston or LA. It was unreal.

Comment

If you get rained out for outside stuff there is an awesome car collection down in tacoma. It is like five stories of rare and cool cars.

Comment

Visit LeMay - America's Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington where we Celebrate America's love affair with the automobile.

Comment

Mariners!

Comment

Go to Hurricane Ridge, you won't regret it.

Comment

Car museum definitely cool; also not far from Mt. Ranier; lots of waterfalls to hike to and photograph if you like that; Space Needle; whale watching tour; Rock and Roll Museum.

Comment

OP

What are you interested in seeing? Both Seattle and Vancouver have a lot of things to interest just about anyone. Any hints?

Comment

Mt Rainier National Park and drive up to Paradise, get out, and partially climb the snow up Mt Rainier - staring to the South.

Take the Bainbridge Island ferry over to the West Sound, snag some lunch and coffee in Poulsbo and then drive over to Port Townsend. Check that out then run west to Fossil Beach and the Pacific Ocean. That will run you along the Straits of Juan De Fuca - south shoreline and skirting the North end of the Olympic National Forest - Hurricane Ridge area.

The Fossil Beach. Rialto Beach & Shi Shi Beach areas are there near Cape Flattery - the entrance to the Puget Sound via the Straits of Juan de Fuca.

And once your on the Olympic Peninsula, you will see Roosevelt Elk feeding enroute as well as snow capped mountains, so vertical, you think your rolling in the Swiss Alps.

And over on that side, you can then roll to the Hoh River, which runs west, out of the Olympics and empties directly into the Pacific. Rolling up the Hoh, you will find the Hoh Rainforest.

At Rialto Beach, you will see virgin redwood tree trunks, laying half buried in the beach and adjacent cliff. These are trees from hundreds of years ago, so massive, you will never wrap your head around their size and magnitude. And witnessing these relics of America, before the loggers cut them all down, you will gain a clear understanding of how unbelievable these trees once were. These trunks are literally 15ft off the ground and they have been salt treated by the Pacific for so many decades, their decomposition is literally stopped.

These trees probably naturally fell along cliff edges, the Pacific gathered them up, and they ended up as driftwood in the places where they lay now along that beach.

Get the heck out of Seattle! There is more on the West side of the Puget sound than the East. Once you go over the top of the Cascades, you roll into a high plain that turns into a semi-arid plain with no trees - all sage and not much to see beyond the Cascades eastward.

But west of the Puget Sound - you will see the Olympic Mountains to the east of Seattle. It is there, the diversity of the Ocean, Forests and Mountains, with hundreds of clear water streams full of cut-throat and salmon are found.

I lived in Silverdale for near 4 years - which is the West Puget Sound area. Kitsap County to be exact. The Olympic mountains were my view from the front window of our living room. I roamed that side heavily and enjoyed it better than the side east of the Sound. It's unique and it's the only place in the world where you will see Roosevelt Elk. Blacktail deer, black bear, cougar and wolves roam.

I hunted and fished it heavily - it is **** near Heavenly!
                        Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-28-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Forgot to add...you can take the car ferry over from Port Angeles to Victoria British Columbia too. I used to take my family over every year just to spend a day in Victoria. The United Kingdom settled that shoreline as the Yanks, settled the Washington Shoreline during the late 1700s - early 1800s. Tons of history from that era there. You will still see London Buses there as well as some remnants of the British Culture.

Some of the coolest, fully restored steamships and early American\Canadian maritime vessels reside in Victoria harbor. Solid wood, hand built with engines, restored from their respective eras. Others are sailing vessels, no power or marginal power. Just witnessing that flotilla, from another time, it's another cool thing to take in.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Vancouver Island is amazing. Tons of hot women all over downtown Vancouver. Like really hot. Better than Dallas, Houston or LA. It was unreal.
                            and most really licke each other!!

Seattle is neat. Lots of cool bars and good food. Pikes place could take a half day easy.

St. Helens was neat but its been 30 years since Ive been there. Could hit the boat docks also or ride down to Redwood national forest also.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              and most really licke each other!!

Dang! In public? That's legal?

Comment

Working...
                              X