Beat Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beat Down

The deer pic is from July 30th. I had just put this feeder out. I've since changed feeders, and moved it back about 20 more yards from a tripod I have set up in the trees. Not bowhunting this year, and it's about 50 yards. Anyway, here is the area as of September 23rd. Oh, and this was the only deer picture I got, if memory serves me correct.

Third picture, red arrow points to tripod where my brother turkey hunted and wanted to see if a pig would come thru. This was before I out a feeder in the area.

Probably should check into putting up a feed pen if I want to maybe have some deer drop by.

Last edited by DFWPI; 09-23-2021, 10:15 PM.

Deer have really laid off the feed on my place the last 3months or so

Comment

OP, take a close look at the pic with you in it... Most visible parts of you are face n hands... I'd suggest mesh or other gloves and a face mask or paint...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        OP, take a close look at the pic with you in it... Most visible parts of you are face n hands... I'd suggest mesh or other gloves and a face mask or paint...
        That's my brother and not me. LoL, I wear less camo than he does, and never have had a problem in 50+ years of hunting. Heck, I've killed good deer wearing blue jeans and a regular short sleeve shirt.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
          Deer have been wearing out more other feeder that has a pen around it.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
            That's my brother and not me. LoL, I wear less camo than he does, and never have had a problem in 50+ years of hunting. Heck, I've killed good deer wearing blue jeans and a regular short sleeve shirt.

X2!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
              This feeder has been non-stop since about 5am this morning, and in fact, as I type this, I've had two more pictures come in (9:42 a.m.)

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                Right there with ya, just be still. You could set up there butt naked and they wouldn't know what you were unless you moved. Smoke up the clothes in the camp fire, like the indians and cave men did...no problems getting scented either.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  Right there with ya, just be still. You could set up there butt naked and they wouldn't know what you were unless you moved. Smoke up the clothes in the camp fire, like the indians and cave men did...no problems getting scented either.

Yep, you got it all figger'd out.

The only reason I commented on the OP's post was because sooner or later you MUST move... IF you have less contrast in colors, it's harder to detect movement... Just look at the pic... The guys face and hands are pretty white while the surrounding background and foreground is pretty dark colored... When you get to the point of having to turn your head to look a different direction or God forbid, raise your bow or rifle and shoot, Your face and hand movement would be much harder for the deer to detect if they blended in rather than stick out like a sore ****.

Comment

The only reason I commented on the OP's post was because sooner or later you MUST move... IF you have less contrast in colors, it's harder to detect movement... Just look at the pic... The guys face and hands are pretty white while the surrounding background and foreground is pretty dark colored... When you get to the point of having to turn your head to look a different direction or God forbid, raise your bow or rifle and shoot, Your face and hand movement would be much harder for the deer to detect if they blended in rather than stick out like a sore ****.
                    Thanks for the comments and concerns. Everybody is different in thoughts and such. I do remember several times hunting off the ground and shooting deer with just a camo shirt and jeans. One buck was literally 3 yards from me, and we had a tense stare down for a couple of minutes.

Another time, doe almost ran me over trotting at me, stopped an arms length and snorted a couple of times.

My point, sit still. Even if you are all came, head to toe, and move, you get busted. I have a friend that rags on me alot because I like tripods, and most of the time, they are just up, and says I stick out like a swollen big toe. But I've had deer walk under numerous times. I did shoot a typical 144+ 12 point at 1pm in the afternoon out of a tripod, no cover or tress around me, and he was only 20 yards and never knew I was in the area.

Comment

Wait. I JUST looked at that pic again, and if memory serves me correct, and from that pic, it looks like he was wearing his face mask and some gloves. He was turkey hunting and wears that stuff religiously.

Comment

Well, move when they aren’t looking. They see an outline, not your face and hands…..deer don’t have cognitive thought.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          Well, move when they aren’t looking. They see an outline, not your face and hands…..deer don’t have cognitive thought.
                          🥸[emoji298][emoji298]🥸

Comment

Never mind...
                            I'm sorry I ever posted. You guys are obviously WAY more experienced in the deer woods than me...

Comment

Never mind...
                              I'm sorry I ever posted. You guys are obviously WAY more experienced in the deer woods than me...
                              LoL, very well could be, but who knows. But again, thanks for info.

Comment

Working...
                              X