Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Day 7 Garwood
    Had a few birds moving right before LST. Thought maybe thing were picking up. Nope! LOL! Got 1 right at shooting time & then saw a few small flocks, but they didn't work in. At least they were close & almost in range. What is strange is the place I hunted yesterday was all but dead today. At 7:30 the guys had only seen 3 birds in their field. They ended up with 2. I believe most birds settled in quick with the warm, clear calm morning. Neither I or the other guys had anyone hunting close to them. Gonna give it one more go in the AM at Garwood & Sunday start trying the coast. Did end up with 3 dove kickers. Me & the pup both said it is alot better than sitting in town or going to work!
    Good Luck to Everyone this Weekend!

Good luck, and great pics of pup.

Comment

Man it’s been a tough year for you!

I would blame poor shooting on most but I know better on you

Comment

Looks like we have a front coming in Tuesday, hopefully it will bring some fresh birds in for you. Good luck in the morning.

Comment

Day 8 Garwood
          Another grind'em out mornin & half the season gone. Sure wish I could slow it down.. There were more hunters out than teal I believe. Guides & their parties everywhere on the road this AM. Me & my son had a total of 6 birds come in or by today. We got 5 of them ,but lost 1 that sailed about 150 yards into a flooded rice field. Tried to dig it out ,but no luck. Ended up with 4 teal & 3 doves at the end. Lots of poor reports from east & west of town. Gonna go try the coast tomorrow. From the reports I got today, not expecting much, but at least look at different country. Also today was 3 years that I retired. Time has flown ,but nothing like retirement. Love the freedom.

Comment

Greatness Mr. David

Comment

Good luck on the coast tomorrow David hope y’all find them.

Comment

Day 8 Garwood
                Another grind'em out mornin & half the season gone. Sure wish I could slow it down.. There were more hunters out than teal I believe. Guides & their parties everywhere on the road this AM. Me & my son had a total of 6 birds come in or by today. We got 5 of them ,but lost 1 that sailed about 150 yards into a flooded rice field. Tried to dig it out ,but no luck. Ended up with 4 teal & 3 doves at the end. Lots of poor reports from east & west of town. Gonna go try the coast tomorrow. From the reports I got today, not expecting much, but at least look at different country. Also today was 3 years that I retired. Time has flown ,but nothing like retirement. Love the freedom.

Great pic, big smiles on you and your hunting buddy, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                  Great pic, big smiles on you and your hunting buddy, good luck!
                  Thanks!
                  That is my son John. I am an ugly old man and don't want to scare people. Lol!

Comment

Way to keep grinding! We could hear a lot of booms from east Matty bay this morning.

Comment

Thanks!
                      That is my son John. I am an ugly old man and don't want to scare people. Lol!
                      My bad, sorry. Then the reason John’s wearing that big smile is because he gets to hunt with a cool dad and a cool pup! Good luck, and keep posting your hunting pics.

Comment

Day 9 Coast Hunt
                        Found a few birds today on the coast. Nothing fast, but good shooting helped. This old man is getting too old for these 1:30 wakeups. LOL! Weather was definitely more humid & Sept muggy. Not holding my breath ,but hopefully if this front keeps pushing & with the full moon some birds will continue to trickle down through the week. From what I have seen the last several years I believe the teal just trickle through more now. We don't seem to have the numbers all at once like we did . We also kill a lot more bluewing teal at the beginning of the regular season than we used too.

Comment

Nice hunt David and John. Glad y’all got them.

Comment

Solid hunt!

I’ve got fiends hunting Eagle Lake that are having a very sub-par year. Another group in brookshire that are having a good season.

I don’t hunt like I once did, but without any doubt blue-wings are abundant during the early part of big duck season. Hell, we killed a lot of blue-wings on a late December hunt last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                              Nice hunt David and John. Glad y’all got them.
                              X2, congratulations, really cool following your hunting trips.

Comment

Day 10 Coast Hunt
                                Went back to the same spot as yesterday. Saw a good amount of birds,but they weren't having anything to do with decoying today. It was dead calm & hot. Birds would just do a flyby if that. Only had 1 bunch work & it was when I needed my last bird. This weather sure is a karen right now. LOL! Not complaining though , at least I am getting & seeing some birds. Will give it a go tomorrow & see how it goes. Lookin forward to the front they say we have coming Weds. Hopefully doesn't push out what we have & not bring some new birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X