X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ljs bb

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Ate dinner, looking for a hole in the wall dive for fried shrimp.
      If you have already eaten dinner, why are you looking to eat shrimp?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Yeah, I messed up. Its Pier 77, no wonder Tim had trouble finding it. I'm waiting on a report from him.
        I was driving. My son was confused.. He finally found Pier 77 LOL

The fried shrimp was really good. French fries not so good.

And we didn't catch many fish. Lost a bull red on the south jetty. Water was good, had perfect bait etc.. Just no sharks or kings biting. Only reds in channel.

The Fulton pier with green lights is a super nice pier. One could catch all the 5-9" sand trout they wanted. Saw a couple monster drum 40-60lbs get caught also.

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        If you have already eaten dinner, why are you looking to eat shrimp?
        First we went to Boiling pot. So glad we chose to get one big meal and split it (there were 6 of us). Got the snow crab, shrimp, sausage combo... It sucked. Seasoning was good but it just wasn't good. None of us cared for it. Snow crab was good though but that doesn't fill one up. Ladies wanted shrimp and since they didn't care for the shrimp in the boil we went looking for fried shrimp.

The one car ended up at Popeyes getting popcorn shrimp LOL and we found Pier 77 and got 2 fried shrimp baskets. Prices are rising fast. Website said $15.50 but they were $20.50 Pricey but it was really good shrimp fried just right.

I headed home this morning but others stayed and pulled in 5-6 blue crab out of a trap they put out. They plan to do their own boil tonight.

Comment

We just got back from camping at Goose Island. Moon Dogs has gone downhill in a horrible crashing kind of fashion. The last 2 times we've been there they have been extremely short staffed and the service has been horrible. The food and drinks are not anywhere near what we have been in the past either. After this trip we will no longer be going to Moon Dogs.

Comment

moon

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
            We just got back from camping at Goose Island. Moon Dogs has gone downhill in a horrible crashing kind of fashion. The last 2 times we've been there they have been extremely short staffed and the service has been horrible. The food and drinks are not anywhere near what we have been in the past either. After this trip we will no longer be going to Moon Dogs.
            I agree with this

Comment

Well, since Tim is done, where else would yall recommend? We will be there next weekend.

Not necessarily for fried shrimp, good food in general

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Well, since Tim is done, where else would yall recommend? We will be there next weekend.

Not necessarily for fried shrimp, good food in general
                Los Comales

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I was driving. My son was confused.. He finally found Pier 77 LOL

The fried shrimp was really good. French fries not so good.

And we didn't catch many fish. Lost a bull red on the south jetty. Water was good, had perfect bait etc.. Just no sharks or kings biting. Only reds in channel.

The Fulton pier with green lights is a super nice pier. One could catch all the 5-9" sand trout they wanted. Saw a couple monster drum 40-60lbs get caught also.

First we went to Boiling pot. So glad we chose to get one big meal and split it (there were 6 of us). Got the snow crab, shrimp, sausage combo... It sucked. Seasoning was good but it just wasn't good. None of us cared for it. Snow crab was good though but that doesn't fill one up. Ladies wanted shrimp and since they didn't care for the shrimp in the boil we went looking for fried shrimp.

The one car ended up at Popeyes getting popcorn shrimp LOL and we found Pier 77 and got 2 fried shrimp baskets. Prices are rising fast. Website said $15.50 but they were $20.50 Pricey but it was really good shrimp fried just right.

I headed home this morning but others stayed and pulled in 5-6 blue crab out of a trap they put out. They plan to do their own boil tonight.
                  Good report, glad you had a good time.

Comment

Now you have me in the mood for fried shrimp!

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                      Pier 77. Fried then sauteed in butter garlic.
                      Thanks to this thread we tried Pier 77 last night and this dish was phenomenal.

Comment

restaurants in rockport suck....and I've been going there my whole life. Dont expect Port A type of food when coming over here

Comment

Working...
                        X