Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percentage of television hosts are better than you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have hunted with some. Tons and tons of editing can make anyone look like a pro.

Comment

I dont really believe any of them are better hunters than me. I believe they have money resources and access to lands that I don't. As far as wanting to hunt with a few, sure, would love to hunt with Cody Robbins, Kip Cambell, Drurys, Bone Collectors (Waddell, Tbone, Nick), Pat & Nicole Jones, Lee & Tiffany and of course Ted Nugent. Again, just because I think it would be cool to hang out with them, not because I think they are better than me. . .

Comment

No idea and it really doesn’t matter to me. I don’t watch hunting shows anymore, but I use to enjoy them. Never compared myself to any of them and never will. I wish I could make a living hunting like they do though.

Comment

I cant stand the standard hunting show. I do love the Meateater method but sometimes they can get me upset on certain hunts but nothing like the standards do that the OP described perfectly IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            You can’t make any kind of judgement like that from those shows. They’re just entertainment. You can only know the qualities that you listed above for someone that you are personally familiar with. My guess is that the world’s best hunters do it for a living, not for TV, but for sustenance or as a professional guide, particularly in Africa.
            Yep, outside of very few (Shockey), they are mostly just salesmen.

If that's all I had to do, I think I'd be as good or better than most of them.

Comment

I quit watching them many many years ago when it all shifted to 95% marketing 5% hunting. Youtube is where you get the good stuff. A regular joe blow with a camera in the woods trying to get a kill. Not trying to sell you a dang thang..at the most just asking you to hit the like button or subscribe.

Comment

They actually hunt? I thought they just sold Gimmicks that gullible hunters chomp at the bit to buy…

Comment

The Eastmans are hunters, as is Cameron Haynes.
                  They put it in print and on video/TV to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                    What percentage of television hosts are better than you?

I believe if I had the opportunity/funds to hunt the places that they hunt....I think I could be just as good as any of them!!!
                    Yup. You don’t see them hunting on a goat ranch that you couldn’t raise a jackrabbit on.

Comment

I've really never thought any of them were "better" than me even when I was younger. Some have the resources to grow some mature bucks while others let the outfitter do it for them. I don't really think you could compare anyone's hunting skills versus another person. Way too many variables. There are a lot of hunters who have huge trophy rooms full of impressive animals but that doesn't mean I'm impressed with them as a hunter. I am impressed by guys who consistently take mature bucks on public ground. That is about as level as the playing field gets if you are trying to compare.

Comment

I wonder which ones can drive 6 hours, stay up all night partyin, then get it done with a screamin hangover... I bet Waddell can!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I wonder which ones can drive 6 hours, stay up all night partyin, then get it done with a screamin hangover... I bet Waddell can!
                          Maybe in his younger days

Comment

Better hunter is an interesting conversation. Are they a better shot, better at concealing their scent and motion, reading game, or just working hard at it? Or one of a hundred other aspects?

Probably yes to all the above. That's what got them where they are.

I feel like the adventure guys, like Shockey, Haines, Rinella, are the real hunters. Lots of their hunts are on public land and they are successful even with the cameraman weighing them down.

Sitting in a tree in Iowa hunting a buck that someone else patterned for you for the past 5 years doesn't make you a great hunter. Entertainer, maybe.

Comment

I know its not hunting but back in the late 80s early 90s on a Saturday morning one of those Banjo Minnow commercials couldnt make it past the 30 second mark before me and my brother were halfway to the fishing hole on our bikes haha.

Comment

I gave up on almost all hunt shows, or 30 minute hunting commercials.

That said I will watch clips of Fred Eichler and Tred Barta. Tred hasn’t been around a while but still like his old stuff.

99% of the stuff on TV is either an outright production or the work of a true outfitter with the host (hunter) pulling the trigger. Anybody who’s a decent shot could do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X