ILF Limb Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILF Limb Suggestions

I'm currently shooting the factory Hoyt Long Limbs on my 19 inch Satori riser.

I'm paranoid and always like to have a backup. Not that I think these will break, but crap happens. Anyways, I've shot the tradtech Blackmax 2.0 in the past, and they were alright, but they were slower than the factory limbs and a little loud. For the price though, they're kinda hard to beat for a backup.

Unfortunately, they're backordered all to heck. DAS limbs can be had for about the same price. At my 31 inch draw length and 50lbs I'm shooting a 600gr arrow at 171 Fps.

These are just gonna be a backup, otherwise I'd look at some of the higher end Uukhas. I don't think I necessarily wanna change speeds this early to season and have to relearn that trajectory.

Anyone have experience with the DAS or should I just look for something used in that price range?

The Blackmax are hard to beat for the price.

I’ve read good things about the DAS limbs but don’t have any experience with them.

I’ve shot the Samick Discovery R1 limbs (maple & Carbon), they are similar to the blackmax carbon limbs. I’ve heard the Samick R3 limbs (carbon & foam) are really smooth.

My favorite limbs are Uukha. I will warn you that they might become your primary limbs though.

Comment

You're not the first person to tell me that, haha.

The one challenging issue I seem to have with Uukha is getting the poundage right with my longer draw length/riser combo.

Which Limbs are you currently running?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        You're not the first person to tell me that, haha.

The one challenging issue I seem to have with Uukha is getting the poundage right with my longer draw length/riser combo.

Which Limbs are you currently running?

I have a couple sets of the Ex1 Evo2 limbs that range from #46 to #52 at my 29.75” draw depending on if I use them on my 17” or 19” risers.

They are the smoothest limb I’ve ever shot. I’m told the newer version/profile are even smoother.

I recommend looking at this site for good deals on ILF limbs. They are based in the UK, but have good pricing. I have successfully ordered from them and their shipping on in stock items is fast. Their price on the Samick limbs is half of the US dealers.

Archery shop with bases in the UK and Luxembourg serving the best sporting archery products to archers in over 150 countries worldwide. Promoters of the Pro Archery Series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Samick R3 limbs and smile every time that I use that bow. Someone had three sets of them for sale a week or so ago for cheap. Check the classifieds on the trad sites. They are weighed using a 17" riser so adjust accordingly for your riser.

Comment

I'd either find some samicks or get on archerytalk and find a set of TT black Max used. They come up often and cheap there. Don't think there is a better budget backup set made

Comment

FYI - I believe that Trad tech rates their limbs with the bolts in the middle position, and Samick rates theirs with the bolts out as far as they go.

Comment

I got uukhas and love
                Them !

Comment

Working...
                X