Elk hit me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk hit me

About 2 months back the family and I where headed back home from dinner. We had just started back up the mountain when I noticed a elk in the road. I started slowing down from 50 to make sure it got off the road, and out of the corner of my eye I see another elk running down the side of the steep hill headed towards us. I couldn’t swerve because we would have been headed into the trees off the mountain. So I just locked them down and she ran into the front fender. Her head bounced off the hood and she started rolling down the side of the truck. I stopped to see if she was dead because we are allowed to pick up road kill here. She was ok and ran off with her other friends. She ended up hitting every panel on the driver side. Anyway, truck had $5900 in damages and I had two very scared daughters in the back seat. Luckily I have a $50 deductible for animal collisions. I have hit several deer over the years, but this one had me scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad y’all were not injured

Comment

Glad y’all are not hurt !!!

Comment

They sure can do some damage

Comment

Wow, that could have been really bad.

Comment

Glad the familia is OK..

Comment

Glad you are ok

Comment

If ya can’t DODGE it…… RAM it!!!!

Glad nobody was hurt, trucks can be fixed!

Comment

Glad it was not worse. They can do a lot of damage to a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going duck hunting about 20 years ago, 3:30am coming out of a curve in the road and a horse ran across the road in front of me. 89 Chevy Silerado 2wd, I swerved to the ditch to avoid it, didn't make it. Horse ran into the side of the truck with the head coming through the windshield. Wasn't pretty but the horse lived and so did I. Could have ended up way worse than it was. Glad yall made it out ok.

Comment

Working...
                    X