Looking for new hog bait recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mix my corn with more corn.

Idiot proof - can't mess up that recipe.

Comment

Corn, Corn, and more corn. And if you really want them to find it in a hurry, you really can't beat hog wild. You can stretch a bag pretty far. Mix a little in with a 50 pound bag and let it set a week. That corn will smell so sweet, a hog can smell it a mile away. And them greedy *******s are more prone to walk into traps I've found if you use hog wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
        Corn, Corn, and more corn. And if you really want them to find it in a hurry, you really can't beat hog wild. You can stretch a bag pretty far. Mix a little in with a 50 pound bag and let it set a week. That corn will smell so sweet, a hog can smell it a mile away. And them greedy *******s are more prone to walk into traps I've found if you use hog wild.
        Yea I been using the hog wild but at $12.99 for a 4# sack I need to find a replacement

Comment

Corn

Comment

For box traps i quit plain using corn after catching deer.

In a large tote, 50# corn, 50# sugar, some old beer, and few pails of koolaid powder.
            Mix and let sit stirring occasionally. Turns into a sticky sweet whiskey smelling corn attracting mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Diesel just keeps deer from eating it.
              I’ve seen so many deer caught in trap baited with diesel soaked corn that I can’t believe that old saying still exists. Sour you up some wheat. That calls them in for miles. Just don’t get it on you! Haha

Comment

Corn
                I had to start adding diesel to keep the deer out of one particular trap.

Otherwise, I just use corn. Might be better options but that’s all the effort i am willing To spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcortex View Post
                  I think someone else posted this on TBH, and I am planning on trying this as an attractant. Hope the link works...

http://https://outriggeroutdoors.com...ait-attractant

Does not look like it works...how about a copy and paste

https://outriggeroutdoors.com/blogs/...ait-attractant
                  We just tried this a few weeks ago. It works. We go heavy on the molasses as we got several 5 gallon buckets from the Sugar Mill. Anise oil is expensive and hard to find we sub'd with anise syrup. Deer and hogs tore it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
                    5 gal bucket 3/4 full of corn, 2 liter of big red, pack of strawberry jello, pack of yeast, mix, then fill with water till corn is covered. Put lid on and and leave outside. I like to mix 1 week in advance.
                    This is close to my formula. I would also add a bottle of strawberry hill to help speed things up. Deer would also tear that stuff up though.

Comment

Any and all of the above will work. You can get a 5 gal bucket of horticulture molasses By Medina Ag for around $30 and some change. I'm sure old fruit will work also. Grocery stores may give that to you.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        We just tried this a few weeks ago. It works. We go heavy on the molasses as we got several 5 gallon buckets from the Sugar Mill. Anise oil is expensive and hard to find we sub'd with anise syrup. Deer and hogs tore it up.
                        Thanks for the update and insight in ingredients. Did you guys hang it to create a scent trail or just dump it as feed?

Comment

Working...
                        X