Reverse Sear backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Sear backstrap

Got it say it was amazing! I started off coating the strap with olive oil, then salt pepper, and garlic powder. I prefer heated the oven to 250, and placed the strap on a rack and put in the oven. I cooked it until 125 on a meat thermometer, then pulled, wrapped in foil and placed in my rtic cooler. At that point I started the asperagas, heated up my iron skillet, and let the meat rest in the cooler. Once the skillet was smoking I put some butter in there and seared the strap. I didn't time it but after it had a good Sear I flipped and repeded, then wrapped it back up in the foil and back in the cooler until time to eat.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Looks dang good, gonna have to try that

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
      Got it say it was amazing! I started off coating the strap with olive oil, then salt pepper, and garlic powder. I prefer heated the oven to 250, and placed the strap on a rack and put in the oven. I cooked it until 125 on a meat thermometer, then pulled, wrapped in foil and placed in my rtic cooler. At that point I started the asperagas, heated up my iron skillet, and let the meat rest in the cooler. Once the skillet was smoking I put some butter in there and seared the strap. I didn't time it but after it had a good Sear I flipped and repeded, then wrapped it back up in the foil and back in the cooler until time to eat.
      Looks good. I like mine a little more on the rare side so I pull mine from the oven between 105-110 then sear. I love the reverse sear though, cant remember the last time i didn't cook a steak or back strap that way.

Comment

Looks mighty good!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Looks good to me. I’m gonna give this a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Great method for backstrap!

I've got an electric smoker (Cookshack) that I use to get it to 125 before searing. Just a small amount of oak or mesquite adds a nice subtle smokey taste.

Comment

looks yum

Comment

Looks good, gotta try it.

Comment

Working...
                  X