No announcement yet.

Dads and Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been on bikes since i was a kid. Loved my bike. First kid born i parked it. 2nd kid born i sold it. I didnt ride anymore, wasnt gonna spend time away from kiddos and mrs. The wreck of no return was always on my mind but to be honest i just couldnt spend time on the bike that i could be spending with them.

Comment

same here always wanted to obtain a streetbike for weekends only, but got turned off, due to the fact that their are toooooo many distracted drivers and they simply don't have any respect to motorcycle drivers, I bought a bay boat instead..

Comment

Had street bikes up until my second kid was born 6 years ago. I still miss riding and often consider getting another but can't bring myself to risk it while my kids are still so young. Wife and I rode together before we had kids but there's no way we would do it now with the potential of the kids being orphaned in one accident. I'm sure I'll ride the roads again one day, but I doubt it'll be before my kids are in high school.

Comment

at 54 I still love riding my roadking , just don't get to as much as I would like to.

Comment

I stopped riding when we had kids. Its an individual decision.

That said, I get just as much enjoyment cruising around in a old muscle car or new sports car as I did on a motorcycle, with much less risk. Other toys can make you just has happy as a bike if you haven't considered those options.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
              Motorcycles are for young adults with no kids and retirees. JMO.
              This, Im 24 and enjoy riding while I have no kids or anyone depending on me lol

Comment

The way I look at it. When God wants you, you are gone. Not a minute before.

Comment

To me it also depends on where you live. I used to have a bike and enjoyed the weekend backroads for an hr or two to destress. Now that the area has turned more urban i got scared and gave it up. Too many people that are too busy playing on their phones for me these days. Most of my friends now trailer there bikes an hr or two away to ride and avoid the vehicles as much as they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a BSA back in the '60s. I've been walking around with a prosthetic leg since I laid it down in '68. It there are kids involved I would recommend you pass on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                      Easy pal, nobody is judging you, JMO means "just my opinion".
                      My apologies. I hear it all the time. I'll ride till my knees won't let me anymore, which isn't much longer.

Comment

I raced Motocross for a long time and rode streetbikes from when I was 20 until we had Son #1. We've got a couple little mini ATVs for the kids and I'm good with that for now. I might like to pick up trail riding again but you won't catch me riding on the D/FW streets anytime soon, maybe ever.

-The roads themselves are in horrible condition around here. Those big holes that rattle your b-hole in a big truck are sketchy on two wheels.
                        -Everybody is buried in their phone doing anything other than paying attention to you.
                        -And the congestion is terrible, stop and go traffic on a bike isn't any more fun than a car.

Saying all this, It's your life do what makes you happy. I still have dreams of cruising in the country on a Harley or Adventure Bike but nothing in town.

Comment

My advice.........wait till the kids are out of high school.

But, in the event that you don't wait that long, here's my "life advice"........Make your peace with God, every time you get on the bike accept and be at peace with yourself and family that today may be the day you die. If you make it home safely, great. If not, RIP.

I've been riding for almost 20 years now. I love every minute of it and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Just know that not everyone sees you and most don't like you. Just because, but mostly it's their world and you are just interfering in it.

Comment

Also: I'm with the: "don't learn to ride on the street first" crowd...

Comment

after my son was born last year I sold mine. I was always told that its not the rider or motorcycle, its usually always the dummies around you not paying attention. I seen a fatality first hand of a man and woman that was hit from behind. not a pretty sight to see, that image to this day has stuck with me.

Comment

Too many people texting and driving

Comment

Working...
                                X